Sudden pain almost 3 weeks post myomectomy

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi just wondering if anyboy else had sudden pain 3 weeks after open myomectomy? I was recovering well and beginning to feel almost back to normal other than some pulling pain at the sides of my incision scar and being slightly uncomfortable sitting up normally for longer periods. I also feel less bloated and although my stomach is still a bit swollen it is back to being flatter without the preganant bump look.

I didn't have a general anaesthetic opting for a spinal anaesthetic and sedation instead. Initially after the surgery I had some issues with pain relief due to not being able to take certain medications and also going to the toilet. My GP gave me some morphine and strong laxatives and all went back to normal. I stopped taking the morphine about 8 days ago and was able to cope with the pulling pain. The skin around the scar is still very sensitive and tingley.

Since yesterday I have a sharp pain almost in the centre of my belly but slightly to the left and it is very painful to press on that side. I should add that I've been doing quite a lot round the house as my husband is unable to do much due to hurting his hip while I was in hospital and is therefore on crutches. I have been trying not to carry anything and I feel that I am still very weak so not sure if I might have pulled or strained something. 

I have an appointment booked with my GP tomorrow anyway (actually to discuss something else) but was wondering if this was normal?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

You are probably overdoing things at home, remember the internal wound takes time to heal, thats why most people are told to take it easy for 6 weeks. I am nearly 4 weeks post myomectomy and do get pain if I stand or walk for too long. Your body will give you a signal when you have overdone things and its best to take notice and rest.
  • Posted

Turns out I have an infection and now have antibiotics. Also been told to take it easy and complete rest for a couple of days. Husband has organised a cleaner to come for the next couple of weeks so hopefully will be back on my feet soon.
  • Posted

Hope you start feeling better soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.