Suffering from anxiety disorder especially health anxiety (hypochondria)

Posted , 4 users are following.

After a kind of break up and i m only 16 haha, my heartbeat gradually and my heart started pounding. At first i thought it is due to the break up but after 2 or 3 days i decided to google it. Dr google asked me strictly to go to a doctor as dr google thought i had heart disease. I went through depression after i read that all and decided to make an appoimtment with an cardiologist. He did an ecg and some blood tests and everything came back normal. Then i was happy but after some days i started worrying about every sensation in my body and always checked and searched about sensations on google which always suggested some terrifying diseases. Many times after that i went to the doctor with some new fears and everytime he said its just anxiety. I went through many fears like cancers, kidney diseases etc. The things which made me feel better was reading that all the symptoms from which I was suffering from like tingling sensations,bad breathing and many more were anxiety symptoms. But after knowing it all it was hard to believe that these all are just anxiety symptoms. Now i was feeling very better few weeks back but now again anxiety is back. I m suffering from headaches and head pressure and some weird sensations in my head like prickling and numbness and tightness in scalp and in back of the head and neck. I also feel like pressure on ear and like ear fullness. I always think about the worst possible and these symptoms puts me in fear all the time. But some times i also feel really relax and all these symptoms dissappers when i try to calm myself. Some of my family members also suffer from anxiety but we dont talk so much so i better decided to write here to get help from some people who have suffered from this type of health anxiety and want to know from u people that how u have get through this.

0 likes, 60 replies

60 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I have exactly the same symptons as u, especially the back of head and neck. I keep getting told its tension headaches, or anxiety or fibromyalgia which I have been diagnosed with. I also get constant ringing in my ears, I'm going to see ent hopefully soon about my ears and I have a neurology appointment nxt month so hopefully I will get to the bottom of it. I hope u feel better soon.x
    • Posted

Thanks buddy ur words mean alot to me. Plzz do tell me about the results after the tests. I hope u feel better soon. Do u also suffer from health anxiety (hypochondria) ?
    • Posted

I will do, and I have had it for about a yr, some days r ok but other day's r not good at all. I keep googling which I know is the wrong thing to do but sometimes when I'm having a bad day, I can't help it. I hope u manage to get to the bottom of yours, it's hard but don't give up, it will get better one day.x
    • Posted

Hi Sam,

I have only just started going on here and it feel good to not have to be the only one who is going though this alone.

When I lay down it head and the top part of my next, after to years they have done a X ray of my spine and next as this isn't normal. I have been dizzy for 2 years and have gone to so many appointments and all they say now is you have miragain, don't think dizzy for 2 years is any headaches to me. I don't think they know what they are talking about.

When all this first happened they said it was a little stroke that I had as from the MRI scan I had was a little mark on it and then they done a Bubble Eco of my heart and notice I have a little hole in my heart and maybe a clot went though that and gone into the brain.

One day someone will know what they are talking about as they say now oh it might not be a stoke.

Hope you feel better

Jane

• Posted

me again!

X Ray outcome isn't back yet

Jane

• Posted

So nice of u brother. I am definetely gonna put a stop on googling now and i know that this will help me very much for sure
    • Posted

I had the xrays on by back and neck and they both came back ok, but that was last yr so I'm going to ask them to check again. Hope your results come back ok and u get to the bottom of it.
    • Posted

In a way I am hope they see something so lease someone can do something to make it go away. Not something bad just maybe something is out of place and maybe a nerve is trapped.

No idea, anyway, everyone have a good sleep and fresh day tomorrow with new answers to our problems, poor us😥

• Posted

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear about your break up. Try not to read all the things on google as that don't mean we have the same as other people or the things they say. My mind use to a lot work over time thinking about what if I have something really bad wrong with me and I use to really scare myself. I'm sure it's stress doing this to you and making you feel the way you do. I am thinking a bit more different now we'll try too anyway.

If you are going to google anything anyone who is reading this please just google Mindfulness and that will show you how to relax and think a bit different in time. There is a 9 week course please if any of you guys can do this then 100 please do. I feel like i don't need to think all the bad things as its all me over thinking and just upsetting myself.

Hope that's helped a little. Go on there now and you will see 3 min relaxing times for you to think better.

Jane 🙂

• Posted

Brother thats so nice of u. Loved ur support. I will act upon ur advices and i m definetely gonna learn relaxing techniques from mindfullness.
    • Posted

I was only joking no big deal.

Have a good sleep and try not to worry.

Take care, talk soon X

• Posted

Are you guys all from London or do you come from far ?
    • Posted

That's nice, hi I'm from London. Bet the weather is nice there not like here rain ever 5 mins
    • Posted

Hi, Here, the weather is really hot upto 50 C. Hey jane , enjoy the cold weather
    • Posted

You lucky thing!

It's not cold here it's just rain, sunny, rain, sunny, rain, sunny, rain sunny😀 Just like April showers. Enjoy the sun and soak some up for me please

• Posted

What time is it there, it 12.05 well past bed time, stops me thinking about my dizziness I guess.
    • Posted

I'm happy I love the rain. Love it when you can hear it loud on the window. Yes I just looked at the time up on Google. Don't you sleep😀
    • Posted

Anyway I am going to get some sleep. Enjoy your lovely sunny days and I wish you well. Night to you and your family
    • Posted

Yeah u should take some rest and take care of urself. U helped me alot. Thank u so much jane. This was a really nice conversation with u. I hope we all will beat this anxiety very soon. And yeah actually the reason behind why i m awake is that we muslims are fasting so thats why. Take care jane. Thanks for ur kind words
    • Posted

Hi morning,

I feel tired staying up that time but to have the feeling of helping someone when they feel down is priceless to me and I am glad to help or talk anytime. I had a feeling you would be fasting, I hope you are managing well for that and doing well because the hot days. Enjoy your family meals together.

Before I felt like this I was working in a secondary school will mostly all Muslim girls in and I really loved it there and got on well with them all then found it to hard to carry on with this dizziness so I had to leave.

I love Bollywood films and when I go to the movies I have been told do you speak our language and I reply no I just love the films and the way you speak, there is subtitles at the bottom😀 Then they smile and say that's nice.

I love the dancing and went to a few classes but seeing I can't dance anyway felf a little hard to catch up. One day I will try again till I can learn a little👌.

Have a good day x

• Posted

Yeah jane ur kind words really helped me alot and thats really nice knowing about ur experience in school with muslim sisters and i will pray for ur recovery from dizziness and anxiety after friday prayer. You will be fine and will be able to dance properly very soon. And yeah i m also a big bollywood fan
    • Posted

Hi, thank you for your kind words as well and thank you for praying for me. Is your name Balma then? I will pray for you too
    • Posted

Hi Ali, nice to meet you I am Jane like you know now, well not meet you but you know what I mean. Talking to you. How you feeling today?
    • Posted

I m feeling very better today. Actually i have gone through almost every common symptom of anxiety and wasted so much time worrying about it so now i m trying to get used to the symptoms and not to worry. So i m feeling relaxed since last week despite of head pressure and headache. I will try to put an end on googling and extra worrying. And what about u ? Did u feel better today
    • Posted

Hi, well done very good thinking.

Talking about it to other people seems to make it feel that I'm not alone with feeling like this. I have sorted out helping a bit in this little club that blind and disabled people look forward to going to so each week I went there to have a chat and make them a cup of tea so that's the second week now and it's really nice to have made a little difference in someone's life. When my CRB is sent to me in the post then I will visit once a week to this lady who hasn't got any family at all and she lives near me on her own and she is blind.

I want to make a difference to people life that's my new way of moving forward to take my mind off of my dizziness. I am going to chill out at the seaside tomorrow and breath in the fresh air and unwind.

• Posted

After reading ur this reply , i can say u have a very big heart and i loved the way u r trying to control yr dizziness by helping others and discussing with them. Thats really nice. May god bless u
    • Posted

Hi Ali, how have you been?
    • Posted

I went to see my normal doctor yesterday and I told her about that stand in doctor that was there the other day and she said other people have said she wasn't very nice as well. Anyway I said to my doctor looks like I will have to go private seeing I am forgotten about by the NHS and I was haven't a good chat to her and said this is unfair that I have been left like this for over 2 years and not getting any better dizziness, pain at the back of my head etc and so she is putting though a MRI for my neck and head. I am looking forward to getting it done as I need more answers.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.