Suffering/IBS really need some help!!!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello, I started having lower right abdominal pain about 10 years ago.  I went to my regular doctor who said it was IBS and gave me Bentyl. At the time it stopped the pain, however, through the years it started making me feel worse.  I have the type of IBS where I will go to the bathroom sometimes 5 or 6 times in one morning.  Not diarrhea, and then after that just the constant feeling that I have to go.  I had knee surgery 3 years ago, and was given Vicoden.  My whold life changed.  It stopped the pain and crampy feeling I felt after I have a BM. It also took away that I have to go feeling.  I have taken it on and off for a few years.  Never got addicted, I was given it for neck and back pain.  But, no gastro or regular doc will give it to you for IBS.  So now I take Xanax and a 1/2 of Immodium Multi Symptom tablet.  It's just exhausting..I get a lot of gas build up, sometimes I am nauseous, lower right side pain, upper, left side. Drives me crazy. I have had two colonoscopies, 2 endoscopies, pelvic sonogram, and go to my gyno every year.  But are all these aches and pains normal? the nausea normal?  giving me lots of anxiety and depression. Any advice is welcomed

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I have had all these aches and pains with IBS and nausea too.  Symptoms wax and wane and can move all over the stomach, up into your back and even into your joints.   The pain is never in the same place at any one time. I had anxiety, terror, panic and despair while waiting to be diagnosed.  It took three and a half months and eight doctors before I was told I had IBS.  I had IBS C followed by IBS A and then back to constipation again.
  • Posted

There is a new product that you can buy over the counter Asyllic Acid and you take 3 tablespoons a day. Maybe this would help you.
  • Posted

I feel your frustration. I seemed to have got anxiety and that 'have to go feeling'

Like you I've taken antibiotic for an unrelated infection and all my symptoms of ibs disappeared for a few months and came back.

I haven't worked out yet how to fix the anxiety and 'having to go' feeling.

All I can suggest from my experience is eat a clean diet. I didn't appreciate how much of an improvement I would get eating clean. Mind you it's taken me +5 years to get this far!

• Posted

I have had ibs for over 20 years. i found keeping a food dairy writing every thing I eat and drank. At the same time marking when I was having an attack I soon saw what foods triggered the problem. I still have flair ups but not as  this  bad as I used to. Also take acidophilus (good bacteria) you get them from health food shops. For the pain try the age old remedy of a hot water bottle. I stared with the problem when i was 18 wasn't till my 30's that a doctor finally listened to me. You can get through this but it takes time. Also if you can check out america sites for ibs they are rally looking into this problem
    • Posted

Thank you so much for your reply, it is very comforting to know I am not alone. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.