Suffering with Gastritis for 6 Months with no relief

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi

I've been suffering with indigestion heartburn burning knawring stomach pain nausea and bloating after eating for several months!

I've been to hospital twice when it got really bad and they put me on 80mg omprazole as they think I have gastritis! Although I haven't had an endoscopy to prove this I am on the waiting list and won't be seen for 6 months!

I'm in dispair I can't eat I feel sick all the time I'm forever bloated it's just not getting better! I've improved my diet eating healthy and doctors have now put me on anti sickness tablets Metoclopromide

I hope this helps the nausea as I've lost a stone in weight in 6 months and I'm a mearly 8 stone now

Has anyone had a success story with gastritis as in fed of of feeling like this now I'm 27 and its destroying my life any helpful suggestions welcome thanks for reading xx

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Poor you, sounds dreadful. 6mths seems like a very long time to wait just to check out what is going on internally, when you are in so much discomfort.

Does anyone in your family have similar problems?

The weight loss needs to be addressed also. You should go back to your Doctor again, put the facts to him/her about how you are now loosing weight, how this is affecting your life (& I assume your working life too). If you feel unsupported by your Doctor, ask for a second opinion.

The Endoscopy will help to ascertain if there are problems in the gastic area, then they can follow up with the correct medication, if needed. Please dont just sit & wait for 6mths, especially if you are loosing weight. I wish you well soon.

• Posted

Hi skyblu

Thanks so much for your reply

I'm more ill in the evenings I don't know why in the morning I can eat breakfast fine but lunch and dinner I struggle a few bites as I'm so bloated and feel nausea

No one else in my family suffers this problem although my father suffer heartburn regularly and he's been diagnosed with diverticulosis!

I've been off work on the sick but now back working I feel useless not being able to do all tasks as I feel weak

I'm always at the docs every week she says she's done all she can and to wait for the endoscopy I told her the urgent waiting list is 6 months she told me to go private sorry but I can't afford £15000

Suppose I have to wait sad x

• Posted

1500 not 15000 lol
    • Posted

So sorry to hear that. Look at www.nhs.uk Go to Waiting times under Legal rights. As far as I can see you are already well into your waiting time so should not have to be waiting another 6mths. 18wks from your first appointment with Doc when he/she referred to Hospital. Have a look at all the info. You may be able to get an app at another hospital, you have that choice. Meanwhile, try the Vinegar & Digestive enzyme Frederick 22022 suggested, it may help. I wish you luck x
  • Posted

Hi sam85466,

I'm not sure but I believe the prescription given @ omeprazole 80 mg may be a bit too heavy. My doctor had given me only 20 mg. After taking omeprazole 20mg in the morning, I did not feel hungry for the whole day. Unfortunately, I had to stop taking this medicine because I had diarrhoea, probably my body system is sensitive to it. What I did was...whenever I ate something, I would  take a teaspoonful of apple cider vinegar together with some digestive enzymes with my food. That helped. The uncomfortable bloated feeling was very much reduced.

• Posted

Hi Frederick 22022

That dose 80mg I was only on for 2 weeks then reduced to 20mg every morning but still same bloating pain nausea burning

I have tried Apple cider vinegar now and again I may try it again

Thanks.

• Posted

Hi Sam,

You may increase the amount of vinegar as the requirement varies from one person to another.

Don't forget to take digestive enzymes as well. They are equally important in helping to reduce flatulence.

Take care and good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.