Suffering with MS

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi I've recently been diagnosed with MS and I am struggling as it was a late diagnosis I'm left to suffer with what I have got I'm in pain most of the time I have had an incredible loss of vision for the last year I've lost feeling in legs and my balance is completely Off so I keep falling over I've been told that all my problems won't get better even with medication just lucky to have voice recognition on my phone

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

I'm sorry you have this problem. I completely understand because I wasjust dxd in April but a lot of damage has been done. There's more and more daily. I've recently started having trouble swallowing and had no idea MS could cause that. All that you are describing has been issues for me for years.
    • Posted

Thank you for responding sorry to hear that you're having problems swallowing I heard that could happen with multiple sclerosis do do you suffer from vertigo as well and likewise I've been getting worse everyday as well it's not a nice feeling
    • Posted

Yes several years ago I had a very bad attack of vertigo. I had nausea,vomiting and couldn't walk because my feet couldn't find the ground. I initially thought I'd had a stroke. Been on medication for it every since.
    • Posted

So it does get a lot worse is the medication even helping because I start my medication in December still deciding which one to go for any suggestions?
    • Posted

I've been on Avonex 3 months. New symptoms crop up regularly so I don't think it's working.
    • Posted

Did any of your problems go away or did they stay with you cuz that's my problem nothing has got better I start medication next month and have been told nothing will get better
    • Posted

The medication doesn't repair damage already done. It is supposed to help keep done rhe possibility of more. I don't know if that's happening. This is a hard disease to battle. I'm still developing more symptoms.
    • Posted

It sucks having MS I don't know how mine happened did you have to have a lumbar punch or anything it's been well over 3 years since I got diagnosed
    • Posted

I waited 15 years for dx. In 2000 I had an MRI of my brain. I've had many problems over the years. Most of it goes back to MS. I had an MRI of my spine that is what finally led to my dx. Just about everything that has happened to me over the last 15 years stems back to that.
    • Posted

Are you able to work with the symptoms because I sure can't
    • Posted

I haven't worked in about 4 years. I was hit by a car then dxd with colorectal cancer. The MS dx was the last of many. I've had pneumonia a number of times which I also attribute to the MS now. June 12th 2014 I was on life support for 7 days. Disability came through for me 2 years ago this month. I'd love to work again but who would deal with my bad days. The Avonex side effects keep me down for about 2 days.
    • Posted

Sorry to hear you have a lot going on hope they eventually get you on the medication will help
    • Posted

We'll see. There's a lot going on with MS research so hopefully they will find something.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.