Suffering with stone

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been bent over in pain for about 3 hours. What are some ways to help ease the pain from my stone and what are some tips on passing this quickly?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Sorry you are strugglilng with this.

You could try Tamsulosin Hydrochloride tablets.

They are usually given to men who have enlargd postrate but Dr did say she thought they might help me pass my kidney stone.

Also i find a hot water bottle helps.

Hope you find this helpful.

Take care and keep in touch

Sarah 

• Posted

Lots of water. And there are quite a few herbs.  Seaweed (mucilage) can sometimes help.  Horsetail (a grass) and cornsilk are both herbs that help with kidney and kidney stone passage.   One herb -- chanca piedra (stonebreaker) is well known for making stones smaller but that takes time (there is actually some clinical proof that it works.) .   As for the pain since it's well know that kidney stones are the highest level there is -- if you call your doc he may give you a pain killer.

• Posted

1/4 cup pure lemon juice and 1/4 cup olive oil.  Drink it down together.  A very hot shower helped me when in pain with a kidney stone.  Or, a hot bath with at least a cup of Epsom Salt.  The shower ore bath are not cures but they provide some pain distraction. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.