Sugar MUST go!

Posted , 4 users are following.

I realized nightshades truly are a factor but for me, so is sugar.

I had a terrible breakout this evening after I ate a donut yesterday and one immediately today after I ate the donut. Clearly full of sugar.

It's something I suspected, what are your thoughts?

2 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

For me the fried white flour is worse then the sugar but the addictive combo of sugar and fried and refined flour of deliciousness lead me down a rabbit hole of cravings and bad choices. I've discovered some sugar not too bad for me but it's addictive nature has me craving and eating the things like doughnuts that are. After years of eating bread and other things and having ibs and skin allergies and asthma to finally hs - I'm still learning all my triggers but discovered there is no moderation with flour for me. Sugar isn't my friend because it creates so many cravings...

• Posted

Hi Joan

I have been reading the posts about possible impacts of nightshade foods and their link to HS outbreaks.  About 3 weeks ago, my daughter had the worst flareup she's ever had and in the couple of weeks prior to that, she decided she was going to eat ratatouille for every meal (tomatoes, peppers, courgette).  She is an avid chilli eater and adds it to almost everything!  It would make perfect sense if these were her triggers and I hope that once we stop them, she'll go into some kind of remission.  

Thanks for your post.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.