Suggestion

Posted , 3 users are following.

ive been putting Vicks vapour rub on my lungs and chest and shoulders the last two days and it is giving me a bit of releif.i find that it's a mixed feeling of cold and burning sensation in my back when I first put it on but it's definately reducing the pain,it's worth a try if your having a lot of discomfort.lets hope it helps someone else.x

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Thanks for the suggestion! That stuff has been around for years and I have used it long ago but not when I was having bouts with pleurisy. I will keep it in mind though because anything that helps with that horrible pain is worth trying. :-)
  • Posted

I do hope it helps cindy im so shocked at the amount of people who have this horrible affliction in this modern day and age,Its something I'd never thought about until it hit me last week.i wish you luck with anything that'll help im taking every known product I can think of lol.please get well soon xx
  • Posted

vicks huh?   well, looks like im going to the store!  i heard that a heat pack works...  havent tried it yet,  my pleurisy has been rather mellow, (its throwing me thru a loop) relaxing i have seen helps a load.  but im going to get some vicks.  thank you for the advice!   hope we ALL can get over this horrid disease/affliction.   
  • Posted

Hi Larry sorry to hear your having a rough time with this.my chest xray came back clear thankfully but it's still hanging in there.the Vick is making a huge difference to my lung pain it seems to really get right in there and eases the shoulder pain too,I really could do with a Vick suit like a onsie lol.i also haven't been doing too much housework wise it seems to aggravate the pain in my ribs if I do.if anyone's interested in buy this get the big stores/supermarkets  own brand it's 1/4 of the price and does exactly the same thing.

lets hope we all make a speedy recovery from this good luck guys.x

• Posted

Thanks Jeanie! Hope everyone gets well and stays well!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.