Support and advice please

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello my name is Rachel, I am 28, and me and my husband have been TTC for about 20 months now. I found out about 6 months after coming off the pill that I have PCOS, both ovaries are affected, and I have a tilted uterus. As soon as I came off the pill I suffered with terrible pains, around the time of ovulation, the week after, then would start again a few days before my period, then the first day of my period I would be in so much pain id be immobilised until I had painkillers and a hot water bottle! I now have the pain under better control by taking maca root tablets,and changing to organic sanitary pads, but still no baby! So my consultant is going to send me for a blood test to see if I am ovulating as I am convinced I'm not! As I get all the symptoms and so we try and nothing ever happens, I also have completely regular periods. But apparently this means nothing, I could still not be ovulating, has anyone been for this blood test? I was wondering if it is negative will they keep testing to see if I ever ovulate or will they assume by one test that I never do?

Any advice would be great as no one I talk to in my friends and family understand! My sister has just gotten pregnant without even trying and my best friend won't stop talking about how easy it was for her to get pregnant!! Everyone just says oh you will be fine lots of people get pregnant with PCOS. This is really not the help and advice I need 😪

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Racael,

I'm 31 and was diagnosed with pcos when I was about 14 years old. The Doctors did not put me on any medication and gave me very little advice other than to come back when I'm older if I need any help trying to conceive.

I have been with my partner for 13 years now and have been trying for a baby for the last 2 years with no joy (and only 2 periods) so I have recently started on Clomid....I'm sure that your Doctor will make you aware of this medication if your results show that you are not ovulating. I think they only tested me once for this as well as testing that my philopian tubes were not blocked. It's a 70% success rate on Clomid so please try not to worry yourself sick as there is hope for us yet and stress will not help the situation. I know your frustration in terms of hearing how quickly and easily other people get pregnant as everyone around me seams to be having babies at the moment but try not to put too much pressure on yourself or your relationship and just have fun trying ; ). Perhaps speak to your friend and tell her how your feeling....explain that although you are really happy for her you would be grateful if she was a little more sensitive to your feelings as its a really difficult thing for a woman to have to go through. Hope this help a little x

• Posted

Thanks Lou,

It does help, what are the side effects to the clomid?

• Posted

Thanks Lou,

It does help, what are the side effects to the clomid?

• Posted

Ive had hot flushes, headaches, and I need to get up for a wee about 4 times a night! grrr! im abit confused at the moment though as I took the tabs for one month and was supposed to come on my period if I didnt get pregnant but I still havent six weeks later. Done 3 pregnancy tests now (all negative) so definately not pregnant! Havent got another gyno appointment until Jan and I am abit worried as I have put on 1 st 1/4 in just over 2 months....concerned I may have over ovulated and have an enlarged cyst or something? God knows, if anyone has been through a similar situation I would love some advice.
    • Posted

Hey thanks,

Yeh don't think that's for me! I already have a bladder problem I don't need any more!! 😂

Yes that is odd, are you usually regular in your periods? Maybe try ringing your doctor to see if there's an earlier app? Or GP?

• Posted

Hey my sister. i also was given medication and expected to have a period after a month of takiing it and nothing happened. i was then told to take the medication for an extra 6 months and nothing happened. only after i stopped taking the medication my period came so now im waiting for next one to come.

so it could be that it takes longer for others to get their period or ovulate on medication. so wait and see what the doctor says if you do not get your period

• Posted

i am sorry to hear this.  my husband and i have also been trying to conceive for a while now. i have irregular periods. this year alone the period came naturally once. and now it came again i praise God for that. my advice is keep ttc. dont give up. its heartbreaking and disheartening when others get pregnant around you all the time. there is no easy way around it but if you believe in God start getting on your knees and pray for your miracle. i am doing the same and i am hopeful and i dont allow myself to get put down by others. your time and miracle is on the way. receive it and thank God for your baby before it even comes. it is his will for us to get pregnant as his word says its the fruit of the womb God grants.

also as you pray ask for wisdom on how to make use of medical treatment to your advantage. try natural remedies for fertility, try artificial insermination if you can afford.

good luck

• Posted

Thank you that was lovely! I do a lot of research into natural treatments as I don't like medicines that sometimes do more harm than good!! And I ask my doctor lots of questions and don't just let him tell me what's happening 😃 so hopefully soon something will work!

• Posted

i am glad i could share a word or two. i started drinking cinamon and honey in warm water and i feel good. im losing a bit of weight.. i have no other miracle tips on how to get pregnant  but im trusting that by drinking this mix its reducing the cysts and i can ovulate. and above it im planning on enjoying my sex life hoping along the way a baby pops up

and i am like you i have no desire to drink medication again. i feel doctors give you the run around because they want to make money from us. so natural all the way. i will read and share some ways i find on enhancing fertility naturally

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.