Supportive Underwear Suggestions

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've been experiencing pain in my left testicle for some time now, but it appears to go away or lessen when I'm laying down.  I think that as I've grown older (now age 58), my testicles hang looser/lower most of the time and can be painfully squeezed when I cross my legs or during some types of exercise.  Has anyone found supportive underwear that works to keep the testicles protected (short of wearing an athletic supporter)?  Thanks.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Your testicular ache sounds like a simple mechanical problem causing pain to radiatie to the testicle from your low back.

See an experienced chiropractor and the pain should improve within two to three treatments.

• Posted

You're probably correct, as I had back surgery in mid July, fusing L4 and L5.  The pain I was experiencing was more severe prior to the surgery, and I think may have been caused by one of the vertebra pinching the sciatic nerve on the left side, which may have also affected the testicle.  Because the surgery was fairly recent, I don't think it would be advisable for me to see a chiropractor for a while.  I don't want him or her to cause more pain.  I'm reluctant to even get a massage.
  • Posted

No problem seeing a chiropractor they see people who have had surgery every day without fail.

Also the nerve supply to your testicle does not come from L4-5 or the L5-S1 level below... it is much more likely to be a problem much higher up at D11/D12/L1 therefore "miles" away from the surgery area which does not need to be touched.

Let me know your nearest city and I'll make some enquireis and find a good one for

ou.

• Posted

Hundreds of chiros in the US... alas I am in Europe so no good connections in your area.  Go on reputation and do not go more than 4 times without feeling good improvement.  You do not need 'check-ups' despite some chiros (and physios) saying you do.

Good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.