Supra Pubic Catheter Op under Local Anaesthetic soon

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi everyone.

I am due to have a SPC fitted soon.  I have chosen to have it done under local anaesthetic as the waiting list is shoter than if it was done under general.  

Has anyone had this done under local and how did it go?

Shazzie 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I haven't had it done but have seen the procedure done a few times and the patients have said they didn't feel any pain just a bit of discomfort and pressure. 
    • Posted

Thanks so much for your reply.  Really helpful.  I've just got to keep my blood pressure in check.  It is perfett when I am home then as soon as I am checked in hospital or GP up it goes.  Lots of deep breathing me thinks.

Thanks again for replying.

Shazzie

• Posted

White coat syndrome shazzie lol. It happens to me when I go to see my GP and she's one of the loveliest doctors I've ever met. I hope the procedure goes well and you'll have to let me know what you thought about it but in all honesty you have nothing to worry about.
    • Posted

You've got to laugh.  My GP suffers from it too.  Theres her telling me tio rellax and think of nice things when she suffers from it too.  Lol!!!  Your reply has really reassured me and I will deffo let you know how it goes.  

Shazzie x

• Posted

Take care and hopefully someone else will respond who has had the procedure as well.
    • Posted

Hiya

I had my Supra Pubic Catheter fitter 10 days ago and all was very painless and straightforward.  The op only took 30mins and there was no blood pressure taken. Yooo Hooo!!

Hope you are ok.

Shazzie 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.