Surgery

Posted , 8 users are following.

How long did you have to have a cast on after surgery before being transferred to the moon boot?

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

6weeks
    • Posted

You had plaster on for 6 weeks!

When I originally ruptured my Achilles in May I was only in plaster for 4 days before I was put into the moon boot. As I re ruptured I had surgery and now have a cast on and it's driving me crazy.

• Posted

I was told by my consultant that, after my operation to remove Haglands lump, remove bursa and clean up my tendon. It would be plaster 4 -6 weeks, I am in week three now... How I miss my shower and bath😕
  • Posted

There is a sleeve you can buy  to cover your plaster cast its eBay. To use and very successful  I have used one 
    • Posted

I have one of those but can get in the bath to bath or shower... Still no weight on that leg allowed... Are you allowed to remove the moon boot? 
    • Posted

I looked on line and got a  waterproof cover to cover my moon boot it worke really well once I had my moon boot on I was allowed to weighbere
    • Posted

Unless your told you canput weight on it by your consultantvinwouldnt risk doing so 
    • Posted

I am still in plaster at the moment, but was hoping once I get the moon boot I could bathe or shower...I guess I could wear a cover like you did..
  • Posted

2 weeks in plaster cast.

stitches removed after 2 weeks and into a synthetic cast.

the first month is the hardest. taking a bath with my leg hanging out the bath.

i would say 4 weeks is fine to be in a cast. after that you will go into the moon boot.

when you have your stitches out ask your surgeon.

remember the first month is the hardest

• Posted

I didn't have surgery but 6 weeks in a cast then 2 weeks in a boot full time during the day, then sporadically for another week. I've been boot free for 41/2 weeks now.
  • Posted

I've been in a cast now for 6 weeks. I go back on Friday to the Doctor. I had a full rupture.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.