Surgery = CFS/ME and/or FIBROMYALGIA????

Posted , 12 users are following.

I'm very curious if anyone diagnosed with any of these has NOT had any surgery before they felt symptoms.

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi Melissa,

I have CFS/ME and was diagnosed a year ago, mine started after a bad spell of glandular fever. I was managing to work 25 hours a week although I did use to take time off when I felt really poorly. I had surgery 2 months ago and since then it's got much worse.

• Posted

I have ME but never had surgery, mine was triggered by Glandular Fever ....
  • Posted

Had tonsils out, CFS  started straight after,

I'm sure you are more vunerable/low after an operation

Q. do people pick up this type of virus in hospitals?

Q. should young people with glandular fever be

isolated, and why are antibiotics not given with this

illness, because it can drag on for several weeks

making you liable to me/cfs

q

• Posted

Well thats what Im wondering. If once you are opened up, is your immune system compromise?
    • Posted

Glandular Fever is caused by a virus so antibiotics would be useless unfortunately....
  • Posted

Nope, no surgery prior to getting sick.  Mine was triggered by mono (gladular fever).  A few surgeries after getting sick, though.
  • Posted

I'm fairly sure mine started after suffering from clinical depression. I actually recovered from that and of course I can't be sure but certainly no surgery.
  • Posted

Hi Melissa,

My cfs/me is from a car crash, my friends after post viral fatigue-neither of us had surgery

Best wishes

Beverley

• Posted

However, we both attended hospital. .... also, I know of someone else who got it after shoulder operation
  • Posted

Hi Melissa,

I came down with CFS after exposure to the Epstein-Barr virus, I didn't get glandular fever though, I just started getting the CFS symptoms.

• Posted

Causes of CFS are different for different people.  Mine started after taking 4 years of antibiotics for urinary tract infections.  Others have gotten it from exposure to mould and heavy metals.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.