Surgery Friday Morning

Posted , 5 users are following.

Well the day has come for my surgery. Friday morning I am having a total hysterectomy and am nervous but not as bad as I thought I would be . I am extremely overweight with high blood pressure and anxiety and just hate being put to sleep but it has to be done cause of the cancer I have so will just have to keep telling myself god has my back and will make sure everything goes well an I will be cancer free and make a full recovery.

Thanks in advance for reading my post.

1 like, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Also have a question....when I am doing my liquid regimen the day before surgery and it says you can have clear jello, what do they mean ?
    • Posted

Clear Jelly or jello (without any fruit in it) is classed as a liquid, hope that makes sense?

You will be fine I'm sure Michele, I was also overwieght when I had my surgery and on Beta Blockers for Atrial Fibrilation and high blood pressure. You are not kept under an anaesthetic for very long these days, you are bought round very quickly afterwards.

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow.

Phoebe xx

• Posted

I wish you well for your surgery Michele, you are in hands of experts and sure it will go smoothly for you. Wish you a speedy recovery.
  • Posted

All the best Michele. Be strong. You can beat this. BTW I haven't heard of the liquid diet regime the day before any pelvic surgery. What's it for?

• Posted

I hadn't heard of it either, I'm assuming it's a liquid diet so that the bowels don't get bogged down with solids beforehand. (Good choice of words aye?) Lol.😊

• Posted

The dr told me the purpose for it is that it leaves minimal residue in the intestinal tract. So today just liquids and jello.
    • Posted

I was lucky my consultant didn't ask me to do anything like that, didn't have any bowel prep of any kind, I just had to stop eating after 10pm the evening before, I stop usually at 7ish so it wasn't a problem.don't think I could have eaten anyway.

• Posted

Yes some poor ladies have had to do the full bowel prep which I believe involves taking strong laxatives and the like eek, have you had to do this?

• Posted

I have started on my chicken and beef broth , water and cranberry juice. Later I have to take 2 dulcolax tablets and drink a 10 ounce bottle of magnesium citrate ( grape flavor ) and I hope it is not nasty 😕

• Posted

I had to do the prep also. My doctor said its best to have the bowels empty for surgery reasons and also to prevent constipation and straining after the surgery.

The grape magnesium citrate taste like grape soda

Everything will go great. Try not to worry.

God Bless.

• Posted

Crumbs, I did get off lightly, look on the positive side though Michele, tomorrow evening it will all be over with and you will be starting your recovery, I can't believe I am almost 2 years on from mine, the time goes so fast.

• Posted

I hope it taste like grape soda cause I have read that some people say it tastes nasty. What kind of hard candy can I have ? Butterscotch ?

Thanks

• Posted

I had to drink two bottles. The first one was easy going, the second one 6 hours later was a bit more uneasy. It's not a great grape soda taste but similar enough. I didn't eat any hard candy. I had clear chicken soup, jello, black coffee and tea with no milk.

• Posted

I just have to drink 1 bottle. What flavor jello did you eat ?
    • Posted

Bowel prep sounds a good idea, but you'll get the sh*ts till you're cleaned out. It must be similar prep to Colonoscopy. Sleep on a towel. In NZ they say eat barley sugars but I didn't find any when I did prep for scopes few months ago.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.