Surgery is done I am home walking as much as I can

Posted , 9 users are following.

Day one tied to bed....day two up and walking day three go home and I walked and walked now I am all over the house taking care of myself and ok. I will be glad when someone checks this bandage no one has touched it since the surgery. I get home  health care starting in the morning so a nurse and rehab person and someone to clean up around here will be in my house yaaaay!!!  I m feeling okay sore on that side and I am sleeping in a recliner but living with it all.

1 like, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Hey it sounds as though you are doing really well.

Make sure you don't overdo it though and get plenty of rest. You have had major surgery you know.

I had a RTHR almost 5 weeks ago and I think I have overdone it and have more pain now when walking than I did at 2-3 weeks in.

Take care of yourself xx

• Posted

Hi Kim 

Exactly the same happened to me for the first 3-4 weeks I felt really good then I started to get buttock / groin pain . I rested for a couple of days and felt much better. Sure our bodies know when we have done too much and we should listen to them . I was convinced I had done damage but got

xRay and all is good and I feel much more comfortable now. 

Think it's easy to do too much . 

Look after yourself X 

• Posted

Hi Kim,  My daughter was really sick in ICU in Austin Texas so I haven't been on this site much. Good is she is home and doing okay.

Me well, I am almost 5 weeks after the surgery and I feel okay. I am walking without the walker some but when I do I end up being sore so I am taking it slower than I was.  Seems like it hurts some in the groin area and also the front of my leg above my knee. Incision has healed upu nicely and very little of a scar. He followed my panty line so it isn't going to show much at all with a swimsuit on. I am really pleased how he did the incision it is mostly on my back side and runs about five inches long just barely in the hip area.

Thank goodness the compression socks are gone..whew...glad to get rid of those. I had little or no rehab or help and I think that is why I have done so well. I didn't have a choice but to take care of myself. 

My next surgery is on the 27th in Dallas Texas at the Glaucoma center...then I am done with surgeries for a while thank goodness!!!!!  I am not sure how much I will be able to see for about a week after this surgery so I may not respond right away...

take care and I hope you are doing well

• Posted

I am doing the same thing doing too much and it hurts so after CHristmas I am going to slow my hiney down!!
  • Posted

hi dear morning angel!!!

whoa ....  this is such great news !!  

I am really happy for you that you are feeling good and also that nurse, physical therapist and home aid are coming to your house ... 

remember to take your pain medication - stay ahead of the pain, okay - just the first weeks ..

and come back here to let us know how you are getting on ...

congratulations on a job well done, darling

big warm hug

renee

• Posted

Rehab nurse etc didn't show up for over a week after the surgery. I finally got tired of them coming in and not doing a thing to help I ran them all off...useless and I reported them to my dr. 

I am doing really well I keep walking off and leaving my walker all over the place. Tonight I had gone into the kitchen and came back to my room to watch tv, later started to get up and go to another room and no walker...lol...I did better on my own than therapy with their no help yuck!!!

I did a lot today with Christmas tomorrow, so I was really sore took another hydrocodene and it is better. He gave me one last bottle and I am hardly taking any of them so that is really a good thing!!!!Pretty much done with pain killers .

Not sure I told anyone but my daughter was supposed to be helping me but she landed in ICU  in critical condition the day of my surgery so I went home alone. She was on a ventilator for 21 days and now doing much better and is home with her husband. She has to use a walker and has I think some neurological problems and may have had a stroke. Her hands shake and she is drooling on one side. I hate to see her like this but thank God for letting her stay here on  earth. I was so afraid of losing her. I went home on Thursday  and on Saturday I made my son take me to Austin. had to use a wheel chair and it hurt like crazy riding in the car for 2 hours (I live in Waco she is in Austin) but wild horses couldn't keep me away from her. 

Hugs Renee!!!

• Posted

dear angel, 

thank you for giving us an update and good to hear that you are doing well ... especially that your daughter is home --- It must be so difficult for you to see her this way - my heart goes out to you -

sending you light, love and healing and wishes for a warm, peaceful new Year ...

good luck with your eye surgery ...

big warm hug and angel blessings

renee

• Posted

Well done you glad you've got care covered

Please remember to get lots of rest also, happy

healhealing. Big hug 🙌

• Posted

I'm so pleased for you! Haven't you come a long way since you first posted on here? And now you're on the other side of the op and on the way to getting your life back. Congratulations and a big hug x

• Posted

Thank you all for the good notes. I am glad I am on this side of the surgery. No more worrying about it ....done deal. I feel pretty good still just keep getting light headed, thought it was not eating but that isn't it ate and still feel light headed and maybe even a little dizzy. Waiting on the nursing service to call or something.

• Posted

hi angel, 

checking in with you ... how did you sleep and what did the nurse say?

just take it easy okay?

big warm hug and sending love, light an healing rays your way

renee

• Posted

Sorry I haven't been on for a while been busy trying to heal up and going back and forth to see my daughter. She is finally home and doing so so...just glad she survived this ...really scared me. They had to bring her back 2x and she was in ICU on a vent for 21 days....was rough on both of us..

• Posted

So pleased it all went well and you are back home. Take it easy, wishing you all the best with your recovery.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.