surrogacy?

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hello ladies! I’m 47, married, no kids. My dh and I have been tts for 9 years already. I’ve got pregnant in 2012, but there was problem with my kidneys and doctors had to terminate pregnancy. There is a very high risk for me to get pregnant again. We decided to use services of surrogate mother. Surrogacy is forbidden by law in our country and we are looking for options abroad. Which country is better to go? Which clinics are better to address? How long it takes to find sm? I read that sometimes it takes years. Is that true? I’m not getting any younger. I’m afraid that my eggs won’t be valid in a couple of years. I don’t want to lose time. I’m afraid it may be too late for us and there will be no chance to become parents.

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I am by no means an expert in this area. What country are you from? I'm in America and there are amazing services here, especially in California. I dont personally know how other services work except for that state. Anyways, you could always have your eggs taken out now and frozen. A friend of mine was aging and hadn't settled down yet and wanted a child in the future. She had her eggs frozen so they were ready when she finally decided she wanted a child.

As far as timelines, it all depends on random things. Adoption takes far more time than surrogacy I believe. Being you are going the surrogacy route, I think it's usually around a year and then the actual pregnancy. For what it's worth, I would highly recommend looking up American rules for surrogacy.

• Posted

Hello Mika! I'm sorry about your situation. I know it's hard and I know what you feel. I had cancer of the uterus and uterus, fallopian tubes and ovaries were removed. It was a big shock for our family. Accepting childless life wasn't a variant for us. Our only solution was surrogacy. Thanks to this forum I found out info about Ukrainian clinics. We are in surrogacy program with one of them. Our surrogate mother is pregnant now, 12 weeks. The clinic found her for 2 months. We didn't have to wait much and it was very good factor. If you have any questions please ask. Good luck with your search!

• Posted

Hello Mika! How are you? How is your surrogacy going? I hope you're doing great. I'm so sorry you faced problems which made it impossible for you to give birth. I faced infertility after my first delivery. There was rapture of the uterus. So the uterus was removed. My husband and I want to have one more child. There is no chance for me to gp and give birth. We are thinking about surrogacy and adoption. My dh inclines to surrogacy more. We are from France and this procedure is illegal here. So we are also thinking to go abroad. There are so many agencies and clinics. But it's hard to find reliable one. Reviews differ which makes it difficult to concentrate on one place. I was hoping I could find some recommendations here.  I’m almost 40 years and I don’t want to waste time. I’ll appreciate any information! I hope to see some news from you!

• Posted

Sorry that you can't carry your baby I can relate to you unfortunately. Surrogacy of course a controvercial matter but still legal in many EU countries especially if it's altruistic. For commercial you need to  go to Greece, Georgia, Ukraine, surrogacy agencies there provide mostly the same services. Sorry for asking but don;t you think adoption would be an option for you? Don't want to be rude but there are children who already need home and family so helping them will make you both happy, don't you think so? 

• Posted

Hi, I know your problem. I'm from Lodz, Poland. 2 years ago, my friend was confront with the same problem, she tried to get pregnant for a long time, but all the time it was unsuccessful.... Then they decided to look for a surrogate mother, most clinics were not cheap, some did not inspire confidence, then we found such clinics in Ukraine, and finally their dream came true.... In the center of reproductive medicine New Life, she herself carries and gave birth to a child in less than a year. Unfortunately the eggs were not hers but the baby is very similar to his parents. Last month, we was 2 years old, he has no health problems. I'm very happy that my friend's dream came true, I hope you will succeed too.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.