Survey wait time for an ovarian cyst

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've had an ovarian cyst for over 6 months and it's taken 3 months to get to see my gynaecologist next week. My periods are all wrong, my bladder hurts all the time and I have issues with my bowels. I was wondering what the average time is for surgery

2 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

It depends on waiting list in your area I believe. It varies from county to county. You could phone your clinic and ask them. Good luck.  rolleyes

• Posted

I've got a dermoid cyst, on my last overt. I've been waiting for surgery since October 2016, not been able to work with the pain its causing . as said its a matter of your area. I'm in Leicester UK, long waiting list!!

• Posted

Hi

Sorry to hear that you are in pain. Last year I found out I had an abnormally large ovarian cyst. (Weighed around 25kg when removed)

You can imagine how much pain I was in. I received my operation within 12 weeks. I'm also Leicester Uk. But I'm guessing it depends on the severity and local area wait.

I hope you get some answers soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.