SVT or something else ...I'm really freeking out ??

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all

I had a random attack of a rapid heart beat which reached 230 bpm back in 2012 ...drs just said it was a panick attack and told me to calm down...the attack lasted a little over an hour anxiety? I think not! ...everything died down after that and i had a diagnoses of general anxoety dissorder.

So since may 2016 I've been having these random attacks where my heart feels like it's going to jump out of my chest! Reaching a rate of between 130-200+ bpm... Dr's kept saying it's just anxiety get over it here we'll up your meds...

I was taken to A&e from my GPS surgery the other day following an attack at college that happened when I wasn't anxious or stressed in fact I was pretty happy and chilled out when suddenly my left arm turned purple, and my heart started racing I felt naseous and dizzy ...this feeling spurred an anxiety attack !

At the hospital the Dr mentioned SVT but considering the fact they'd never actually caught an attack on the ecg's he couldn't conform it and wants me to be fitted with a 24 hr ecg tape...

When I left the hospital I went into another attack I went back in and explained to the nurse my heart is pounding and I'm gonna pass out her reply "you're panicking" I looked her dead in the eye and said do I look panicked to you ? I'm not hyperventilating or worried I need you to do an ecg whilst I'm in this state ...she refused ...8 hours later she called me through to see another Dr who said it's because of my hormone replacement therapy !!!! (I'm female to male transgender and I'm on testosterone and goserelin oestrogen blockers )

So I'm now lost and left to sit and frett about all of this until I can see my gp (hopefully tomorrow)

I was put on propranolol back in may and they caused me to put on 3 stone in a few months I'm terrified they're going to put me back on them as I'm already obese and need to lose a lot of weight for my gender reassignment surgery I can't go on meds that make me gain weight.

And what if it's not SVT and they can't find anything ...where do I go from there ? This is ruining my life and my future 😢😢

Please help !!!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi, it was several years before one of my attacks coincided with being on a monitor in A&E so my SVT went undiagnosed and untreated during that time.

I'd guess that, unless you're lucky enough to have it captured while in A&E, then  wearing the mobile heart monitor is the only way they have of making a concrerte diagnosis. I'd go for it if I were you.

• Posted

I've got no other choice really ...I'm just terrified of it all tbh.

I'm also terrified that I'm going to have one of these attacks at college and pass out ...if I do I could lose my place on the course (I have to work with quite dangerous animals as part of my course it would be a safeguarding risk to have me pass out in an enclosure) my stress levels are through the roof right now about all of this which is making things 10x worse tbh

• Posted

Matt

I went thru the same thing for almost twenty years. .. if it's painful.....the type of pain that's followed by the need to go to the bathroom.......other symptoms maybe...nausea...sweating....pain up the neck or lower jaw. ...chest pressure....tingling in the left brachial......probably to your fingers. .. breathing difficulty...possible pain in the shoulders or between shoulder blades.....fluid sweat of legs/ankles ..... Your feet feels like weighs.....you can't walk far ... Then you may need the heart rechecked.You can have a bundle block or spasm nerve in the heart. Which requires a borderline check for bundle block and they shock the nerves to the heart for any nerve dysfunction. My Tachycardias hit two years later after they removed a blood clot from unstable plack.

I let docs tell me this stuff over years......until I lost a bundle.. ...Go get tested by A good Cardiology Group. Give yourself peace of mind. Don't do like I did and end up with a Pacemaker/Defibrillator after listening to the wrong diagnosis. Get It Checked

• Posted

Matt

I went thru the same thing for almost twenty years. .. if it's painful.....the type of pain that's followed by the need to go to the bathroom.......other symptoms maybe...nausea...sweating....pain up the neck or lower jaw. ...chest pressure....tingling in the left brachial......probably to your fingers. .. breathing difficulty...possible pain in the shoulders or between shoulder blades.....fluid swell of legs/ankles ..... Your feet feels like weighs.....you can't walk far ... Then you may need the heart rechecked.You can have a bundle block or spasm nerve in the heart. Which requires a borderline check for bundle block and they shock the nerves to the heart for any nerve dysfunction. My Tachycardias hit two years later after they removed a blood clot from unstable plack.

I let docs tell me this stuff over years......until I lost a bundle.. ...Go get tested by A good Cardiology Group. Give yourself peace of mind. Don't do like I did and end up with a Pacemaker/Defibrillator after listening to the wrong diagnosis. Get It Checked

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.