Sw and Orlistat still no lose of weight

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi, am new to the forum and hope to get some advice. I have struggled with weightgain within year not knowing how to shift it. I tried all diets exercise that i can manage with fibromyalgia. Mid jan i joined slimmingworld and three weeks ago doc put me on orlistat. First days nothing then some oil etc. But now i get no side effects am hoping its the sw low fat plan but i have yet to lose weight and i am being true to plans. Why or what can i be doing wrong. Also am perimenopause flushes late periods etc. Anyone similar.

Thks

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

• Posted

Hi frankie. If you're getting no side effects it's because you're doing it right with the low fat diet. I started on Sunday and have zero side effects. You only get the bad ones people complain about if you eat high fat foods. Hope this helps.

• Posted

Yes thankyou candymycandy i did believe that wasaware am doing it right but the scales make me think am wrong as no lose in 3 weeks. Maybe it will kick in somewhere.
    • Posted

they do say that you should only weight yourself once a month, so fingers crossed, 
  • Posted

I'm exactly the same. No side effects and no weight loss (well I lost 5lbs and within days put on 4lbs!!!) Absokuteky gutted as I had high hopes for Orlistat.

• Posted

Am gonna continue and see how things go but have docs start of march she was hoping for 8lb loss!!! I think my hormones and body just holding on to weight. Nitemare my partner and myself joined sw together in 5 weeks he has lost 1 stone and am back and forward on and off 3lb. Fedup.
    • Posted

Hi leighk, I have just started on Wednesday, I was wondering why I had not experience the side effects that I had read about but you are right it's only if you eat to much fat, no doubt I will at some point, 

i too am pining my hopes on this tablet working but my gp and pharmacist were not very encouraging as they both said that it might not work due to my medication, but I'm determined to give it a try, , 

good luck

• Posted

Are you guys eating enough?
    • Posted

I have fruit and fibre with fruit for breakfast tea lowfat snackbar. Omelette or veggie sausages for lunch. Dinner is lowfat protein with loads veg or rice. Snack and tea. I fillup with fruit throughout day. Sw plan is all about have lots to eat but lowfat. I cut back on pasta potatoe cheese only once aweek.
    • Posted

My partner starter the Keto diet three weeks ago and has lost a stone! I'm not going to do Keto as my dr has advised against it as it's a high fat/protein diet and no carbs which isn't good for anyone on Orlistat. I'm going to persevere with Orlistat too. Good luck!

• Posted

we just have to battle on. Am starting to wonder if veg or fruit is slowing me as sw you eat alot of it. Goodluck
    • Posted

Hi Frankie welcome to the forums which are a hive of activity & always a friendly source of support.

Unfortunately you cannot fully do slimming world whilst on orlistat as some of the free foods are high in good fats (eggs/salmon etc) which the pills may react with because they cannot differentiate between good & bad fats as its all just fat to them! This means that omelettes may not be helping but that's not gospel as I'm no Dr but depending what else you have in your omelette & how many eggs you may not boy having such a good option - I believe 1 egg contains 7g fat! So 2 eggs & you've hit your meal allowance before you add some ham etc.

Some people find if they eat loads of carbs they lose more - others, like me, lose more if we cut them right back.

These are not magic pills & they do not work for everyone more's the pity. We still have to be strict & watch every mouthful we have. I've lost 1st 9lbs in 7 weeks & my best advice is the slimming world adage of "the more speed you choose the more weight you will lose" & I make sure every meal is at least 50% salad/veg x

• Posted

Ah ok sounds true am still getting use to this whole fat allowance. Doc says just follow low fat diet not much advice really. So if i stick to protein and manily speed maybe will help. Like chicken and salad or pasta.

Thks

• Posted

Hi frankie , I just started orlistat on Wednesday I have spent most of today looking at my daughters slimming world books and trying to order my shopping online as I don't keep well either, I also have fibromyalgia so I have been looking for things that are easy to prepare and cook as sometimes I just can't stand long enough to cook, 

Are you still going to SlimmingWorld? As they might be able to help you see were you could make changes in what you are eating, sometimes it can be because you are not eating enough food, 

sorry I'm not much help , I'm struggling on what to eat as I do have a big appetite and I eat around my medication as a few tablets I have to eat with or I feel sick so I'm looking for 4.meals a day , well a small lunch normally soup with lots offf bread so I know I have to cut that down on that , 

good luck

• Posted

Hi, yes still doing sw but i kust downloaded the plan for orlistat of this site lastnite and going to jig my meals about a little to suit the fat intake etc. Maybe i neen over calories but lowfat am not sure but am going to see how i can change things. Also fibro doesnt help when i want to exercise but i have an exercise bike im going to try a wee build up routine slowly.
    • Posted

Hi frankie, where will I find the Orlistat plan on this site please?
    • Posted

Yes search the site for it. Dietplan orlistat think it was Norfolk hospital you should get a download fot it.
    • Posted

Frankie's right its produced by a Norfolk hospital & covers all the do's & don'ts plus a 4 day meal planner...just put orlistat in the search box & you'll find it - its called a healthy eating guide.

• Posted

Yes thks got it very helpful as dic didnt give me much advice.

Thks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.