Swallowing air when I breath

Posted , 2 users are following.

A couple of weeks ago I went on holiday to France and whilst I was there I was smoking. I don't usually smoke it's just social. I found that when I was on my way back I was struggling to breath and I thought ah well this'll go but it didn't sad I was unable to take deep breaths and the only way to do so I had to yawn. I was really forcing myself to breath. The doctor gave me a preventer inhaler and it helped a little bit, but I notice now that when I breath I swallow a little air. I now got this little pocket of air below my Adam's apple and it's driving me crazy! I am so worried these symptoms will last forever, I've never been so down and anxious in my life. Please help me

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi ,silly question coming up,,,,,,are you taking medication for high blood pressure ,,,,,I ask because I felt the same as you and had a feeling of needing to burp ,,,,just from my upper chest /throat ,,,,,
    • Posted

No I'm not, just my steroid inhaler. What are your symptoms? Is it like you take a deep breath and you feel the air travel up your throat?
    • Posted

Which inhaler is it ? No mine is just feeling like burping ,,,,,,

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.