Swelling one side of throat

Posted , 3 users are following.

Any advice... I have had swelling in one side of my throat for over 3 weeks, getting worse, saw GP last week started on penicillin nearly finished the ouorse and feel worse not better! I  have had recurrent tonisilittus before but this feels different, the problem feels further down the throat and just on one side. Throat is not really sore very uncomfortable. Worried the swelling could worsen and block arirway..but dont want to keep going back to GP for them to say its nothing! Have also had earache on same side and some halitosis. Tonsil on that side is visibly enlarged but no pus. IS this just tonsilittis or something else?

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

whatever it is you need to draw it out.

perhaps poulticing. apply hot compresses to the area...a FLANNEL DIPPED IN hot water..or warmed carstor oil...get the pus out.

try not to keep taking anti biotics and replenish your bowel bugs with probiotics...you will have lost them..they are your friends try to recover their strength and numbers...that needs to be your true goal...they help with your overall immunity.

hope this helps!

• Posted

how are you feeling now louise? is there any news? concerned about you ......x x
    • Posted

Went back to GP friday ?glandular fever had blood tests but dont know results yet. most likely infective but not definite yet. thankyou for your advice
  • Posted

oh dear sorry to hear that..it means more of a generalised infection.

see if you can draw the infection to one site...wherever the swelling is greatest....then you can try to bring it to the surface...you don't want a generalised condition. this is old fashioned nursing...combined with modern alternative theory. a naturopath or a homeopath would be able to help you. its not really just about getting over this particular infection but more about investing in your immune system. am i making sense? 

what side of your body was the lump in your throat?

say it was the left side then try to draw by poulticing in the left axilla (armpit)...it will be easier for you to manage something not in your throat and the axilla is the next nearest lymph node which you want to support by building up your temperature with a good overnight sweat...lots of duvets/blankets to promote a low state of fever..with the castor oil pack...or lard or even just a hot water bottle under your arm for the night might draw all suppuration to the area...where your immune system can go into attack mode.

does this make sense?

please don't use antibiotics you are disabling your body...take probiotics and don't rely on GPs they have no training in nutrition...look up details about fasting and purifying...i can only give you a taster but please do try alternatives dear louise and take good care of yourself.

please try to draw that infection to a focal point.

xxxxxxxxxxxx

• Posted

you wrap the heat holding substance....such as castor oil in old bandages or cotton cloth or a towel you have no other use for x
  • Posted

Did you find out what was causing this? Or did you find something to help it because I have been getting these same exact symptoms 😯

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.