swelling & scarring in small area of brain is this ms .

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi I have been treated with fibromyalgia for a long time now until I got symptoms of balance problems and thinking my legs go like jelly or standing in same spot made me think I was going to fall now they have found after mri that I have a small area of swelling & scarring on my brain could this be ms 

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Lesions and brain inflammation are pointers to MS yes. Also taking aspartame/asulfame/phenylalanine sweeteners can cause this and people with ms can be affected by those sweeteners. Are you waiting to see a neuro because you need to.
    • Posted

Hi no I have not see a neuro as it is with chance they found this area of inflammation and scarring they were actually looking at a problem with the left side of my ear there was a nerve that was inflamed but said they were not concerned about it as it looked like it had cleared then they found this area of swelling & scarring I am now waiting for a full brain scan now . I'm so confused don't know who to speak to thank you for replying . 

• Posted

Im sorry you must be terrified, try not to be, if it is MS people living long fulfilled lives with it, you will need to manage stress. Things happen for a reason and irs a good job they were checking, now you can be looked at properly snd maybe make sense of some things. There's some lovely supportive people on here and Facebook if you do Facebook. Sending you healing and positive thoughts. Good luck. Oh and yes I've got MS m had too

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.