Swollen lymph nodes groin and neck.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Have had swollen lymph nodes in groin and neck for months, doctor ordered ultrasound, results came back as benign appearing and the doctor doing the ultrasound said he thought they were definitely benign but they have been there for 6 months so I'm wondering can I trust the results from ultrasound or should I push for a biopsy? Thanks.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I would always push for a biopsy or at least an MRI. Better to be safe than sorry. My cancer was diagnosed by a lymph node biopsy. Good luck.
    • Posted

Hi Joy, did you have an ultrasound before that? I'm asking since my doctor recently told me that they only do biopsies if they saw something odd on the ultrasound or MRI.

• Posted

Hi. I had biopsy then an MRI. I had nothing before the biopsy except a physical examination.
  • Posted

The difference between tumors and other growths is very clearly seen on an ultrasound, if it was an MRI or an X-Ray I would reccomend you be more causious but ultrasounds are pretty accurate.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.