Swollen right kidney possible blockage.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Over the past 6-9 months I've have been experiencing intermittent pains in my right hand side and lower back. The pain comes on slowly and can last for a few hours or a full day and at time scan be uncomfortable or down right dibilitating. I had always assumed these pains were digestion related as at times the pain almost feels like my insides are being twisted.

I might not have an episode for months or might have 2 in one week. The only other sympton I have is that when I need to go to the toilet it is often urgent and at times difficult to hold.

After the last episode I went to the doctor who referred me for bloods and an ultrasound.

The bloods all came back normal but the ultra sound apparently came back showing my right kidney is swollen and to quote the doctor "it seems there might be something blocking it" She also said that it seems quite mild and is not acuteĀ as my kidney function is fine but that whatever it is seems to have been there a while.

She never actually said that there is evidence of a mass or anything like that but she was so vague over the phone that it has terrified me.

I currently have a contsant dull ache in my lower back and right abdominal area but haven't had an epsiode in over a month.

I'd like to think it is nothing as sinister as cancer but all my research keeps leading me there. I ahve been referred to a urologist who I see on Thursday.

Has anyone any ideas or has anyone expereinced similar symptons?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

C I know what you mean about the doctors. I went in because I have gastritis IBS but something showed up on my kidney that there was fluid on it and I thought it was a kidney stone. They did a ultrasound CAT scan and now I have to go in three weeks later Tuitt urologist for more tests. They say it is congenital that I was born with it but no further details. It does make me very nervous.
    • Posted

Well I hope it goes well for you. I just wish I had a little more idea what they were looking for or at. I've always been generally fit and healthy so all this has taken me by surprise a bit. It's the not having a clue what it is that frightens me
    • Posted

Hi Sheri,

How are you doing?Any answers that you got from the medical professionals?

I

• Posted

Hi Chocoholic,

I was going through the forum and was looking for some answers...I have the same symptoms as you have.

Did you find out what was the cause of your pain?

I have to go for a CT Scan too and needless to say how nervous I am!

I am hoping all is well with you smile

• Posted

Hi meenu2016

I was just wondering did your results come back great? Just wondering been having the same symptoms but my doctor keeps sending me home. I've been going through this situation for the last 8 months. Any info would do thanks.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.