Swollen tonsils, lump in throat, can't clear mucus in throat, sore, headache

Posted , 3 users are following.

My tonsils have been swollen for over a month, until last week they were painless, but now I have flu symptoms. Its quite scary, it affects my swallowing and I have a very very dry mouth, even when I drink loads of water all day. Hasn't affected my breathing as of yet, but feels like a lump in my throat is blocking it off.

This has been going for three days now.

Doctor said I need a blood test for glandular fever, which is next week.

I mentioned that I think I can feel my epiglottis swollen, and she laughed and said that is all the way down by my adam's apple and would have a job feeling that... even though i've seen many cases online where it's visible above the tongue and often can be felt.

I don't know how to feel. What do I do?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

How are you feeling today??
    • Posted

Turned about to be quite a bad viral infection, but did just go away with time. I've found after this though i've developed a small lump on the roof of my mouth, painless, very small, but doesn't want to go away, hasn't caused me much harm. But i feel like i'm getting colds a lot, maybe its just the time of year.
    • Posted

Did you have the lump checked out? I'm glad you're at least feeling better. Hugs!
  • Posted

When I'm really ill like now I feel horrible, but lately I haven't been able to drink loads of water because it ages me feel really sick. Has this happened to you?

Ellie

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.