Symptoms

Posted , 8 users are following.

I was just wondering about symptoms Ive been having. Ihave lime size fibroid (probably bigger since diagnosis). I started out with frequently going to bathroom, and that has gone to pain in upper pelvic area. The only relief is heating pad at night. During the day, i have some pain. Ive had no bleeding except at period times. My question is, is it normal not to have bleeding? Ive read so many post with women talking about the heavy bleeding, im starting to wonder if I actually have a fibroid or its something else.

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

if you feel your body is not right , go back and see a doctor for advice or further tests such as a vaginal scan or mri. I have a much larger fibroid and only bleed when its my period but it is very heavy. Not all women will bleed heavily as symptoms depnd of where the fibroid is. Mine is near the back so  i have bowel issues. Somepeople have it near the bladder so they feel like they need to wee all the time.
  • Posted

Hi. I have a grape sized fibroid . (Again probs bigger since last scan)

My periods are regular and light and no other bleeding. My doc doesn't seem to think it's an issue cus I don't bleed heavy , yet my quality of life is suffering big time.. I have a constant left groin pain that goes down my leg. If u don't demand scans etc docs will do nothing. .

I got prescribed paracetamol and codeine when I got diagnosed. That's it. Bearing in mind I was suffering from constipation at the time. The codeine would not of helped. I now have to wait it out til Dec now for nxt scan .

• Posted

Hi there,

I think it depends where your fibroid is. Mine is sitting on top of my uterus so I've had pressure on my bladder for quite some time now, it's pretty awful!

If your symptoms are getting worse then I'd suggest going back to your GP/gynae as it could be that the fibroid has grown, that was certainly what happened to me.

3 months of Esmya and I'm now only up 2 or 3 times a night to the loo, as opposed to every half hour! So fingers crossed it's working!

• Posted

unfortunately esmya effects are only for a short time really pre procedure
  • Posted

There have been times that I have had my period the whole month.  But lately, since I have been drinking green tea and taking fish oil, my periods have been normal, thank GOD!!
  • Posted

I Have/had 3 measurable fibroids and had no heavy or abnormal bleeding. My IR said it's normal for some women. It is my understanding that symptoms and problems depend on where the fibroids are laying. I am 4 days post ufe and not sure if my symptoms were helped by this procedure yet but I'm hoping 

• Posted

CoCo if I'm being honest it's awful. I've been on pain meds around the clock. I have finally been able to sleep through the night without waking up from pain. My doctor sent me home with seven prescriptions! I itched really bad from all the medication so I had some itching medicine as well as acid reflux . I received an epidural which really really helped with my first 24 hours . I almost wished they would have kept me one more night To help control the pain. now I feel like I have the flu and I am tired and exhausted which I understand may be part of the process

I wish I could say it was easy and simple but I only want to be honest

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.