Symptoms after EMG, burning and liquid sensations, feeling like i'm going to faint, chest discomfort

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hey...so I got an EMG done today because I've been having a water dripping sensation inside my body all over the place, my head, arms, legs, stomach etc, since July. I also get numbness and tingling and burning sensations all over my body. Lately I feel like my chest is vibrating inside ( i  know it sounds weird) but it's driving me crazy and my chest constantly feels uncomortable. I went to a cardiologist like 2 weeks ago and they gave me a heart monitor for 2 days but didn't find anything (that was before all these feelings started though, I went for heart palpitations). 

So I went to get an EMG today to see what could be going on because i'm desperate to know, i've been to the ER a million times, and I feel horrible 24/7. After the test I couldn't sit or stand up because my head kept feeling heavy, so did the rest of my body, and I felt like I was going to faint. It was horrifying. They sent me to the ER again but since the ER just wanted to do a blood test and give me an IV which I already did last week (chest felt heavy, numbness and tingling, heart palpitations, head feeling tight in the back, hand was burning and shaking) they also found nothing and told me to wait for the neuro. Well some help that was. Now i just feel worse and my chest feels weird and cold and liquidy and i keep getting burning liquid dripping sensations in my abdomen and the rest of my body. It's driving me crazy I feel so horrible and I just want to know what's actually wrong with me. When they check my heart and EKG/blood pressure/blood tests everything is fine but I feel anything but fine. The back of my neck also crackles/fizzles a lot and I get weird noises from my throat??? 

I'm so scared and I don't know what to do anymore. I've been feeling so horrible the past 2 months and I just want this to be over, but no doctor has been any help and I feel like doctors won't take me seriously. They always tell me they don't know what it is or that it's just anxiety. I'm supposed to be getting a brain MRI soon. I'm 100% sure this isn't my anxiety, my body feels horrible all the time and as i'm typing this I"m getting these burnign liquid sensations. This is making me really depressed especially because I was supposed to move into my dorm today but then this happened and now I feel like I might have to take a year off from college. This couldn't have happened to me any other time in my life.....right now I feel my forehead tingling and neck/burning sensations the most. Somtimes I feel so heavy I can barely walk.....I just don't what to do. 

Anyway, Has anyone ever been through this or something similar/what did you do???? Any input at all would be appreciated. I wish this would just stop ugh. I feel like I'm really going to die sometimes but no one finds anything......can't even sleep anymore...

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Please know you are not alone, it is not easy to be tough in this situation that we have.  I learned to accept it. Right now, I am waiting for my next appointment in Nov and before then all my tests (brain MRI, Hands, xray, Neck MRI, EMG, repeat of blood tests ). Hoping you find peace and praying for your healing.

EllenH

• Posted

I am wondering if you are describing your symptoms differently

than we do so we are not getting it.Like liquid feeling. Could we

maybe put it in different words?Anyway,I am betting you have a

lot of

anxiety due to the other issues.Have you been tested for

diabetes?I have had the heavy head feeling like I could not hold

it up anymore.Thru x-ray and MRI I have serious arthritis there.

Also have blown discs in the neck.When will you get results

of your EMg?Maybe that will give you some answers.I hope so.

Please keep us posted and I pray you can calm down inside

so you can deal with all of this.

• Posted

I've gotten several blood test done, the ones they do in the ER and my GP sent me to get vitamins checked and stuff so I don't know if that checks for diabetes. I've gotten ekg's done and last month I got a cat scan of my head in the ER. 

Last night it felt like burning all over my back and chest, but it's more like burning liquid. In my head too & my neck still won't stop crackling all the time. I've lost about 12 pounds in the past month too without trying, & my face and jaw went numb. I was scared I might be having a stroke...

How do you get checked for a blown disc in the neck?? I'm kinda suspecting I might have a CSF leak, a termite infection, or MS but idk how to get tested for any of those. And my GP and the ER won't take me seriously so...I don't know what to do. 

But yeah the only other word I can use to desribe it is is burning but in my head it's usually cold... & yesterday my legs and my body felt heavy again.

• Posted

I too have lost a lot of weight without effort.Did you

have your test today?What have you found out? The side effects

Of my pain meds are ear noise or hearing loss.Maybe yours

too.I also feel I have MS.There are so many symptoms that fit

mine.

I pray for a good outcome for you Yashie,please let us know.

• Posted

I got the MRI today in the ER, they told me they didn't find anything life threatening but they found 2 small lesions in my brain that they don't think is anything important....I'm still worried tho. I have to follow up with my neurologist to see if it's anything I need futher testing for....I've been getting ringing and popping in my ears recently but they checked my ears and said i don't have an ear infection so idk

• Posted

Update: I went to the hospital today because the numbness in my face was getting unbearable and wouldn't stop. I couldn't sleep last night because I kept feeling burning in my chest and back. And the numbness/tingling/swollen feeling has traveled to my lower right abdomen. It's driving me crazy crazy sad

The hospital didn't give me anything other than a blood test which was clear, and ekg, a pain killer, & an antibiotic for a uti which I know I don't have.... I still feel a pool of liquid in my head and my entire forehead and face is tingling still. So is my stomach. And I can barely eat. My ears feel clogged too and I'm so stressed out bc nothing is getting better. Even my eyes are tingling....I'm supposed to be getting an MRI on Monday. I don't know if I can wait that long feeling this way 24/7. Sigh.

• Posted

It has been a while but I would like to know how you are Yashie?

I am no different.I am just living with these crazy things.However,

your things are different. Please let us know how you are.

• Posted

hope you feel better, Yashie. I tried Yoga and walking and being active a lot. 1 hour Yoga is so tiring for me, but I think this will help, I have a lot of inflammation of joints, try something, excercise.  I am not better yet, but I think moving a lot will help.

Prayers for you.

EllenH

• Posted

Hi Yashie765,

I am so sorry you are going through this pain. I have the same exact symptoms and I was recently diagnosed with Chiari 1 Malformation.  For the diagnosis, my neurologist ordered a brain MRI with Contrast dye.  I recommend having your neurologist look into your brain/spinal cord.  I know that those words, "brain" & "spine" can be incredibly terrifying when you think about possibility having something wrong with them.  But, please keep your spirits high!  Some of the symptoms we share are: sensations of dripping water over your body, tightness in back/neck/shoulders/headaches, numbness & tingling, heart flutters, etc.  I understand what you are going through and get the feeling of loosing control.  When your body is experiencing sensations that have no bearing/connection to the world around you- answers about your condition unknown- it can be exhausting to continue your journey towards a conclusion or diagnosis/treatment for your pain.  Please, know that you are not alone & that you should feel strong knowing that you are being responsibly and are taking control over your healthcare!  It can be incredibly discouraging when doctors are at a loss as to what is wrong with you.  We go to experts and professionals for help and sometimes it truly is a collaborative effort when a person's health is compromised because of neurological issues.  Let me know if I can be of any assistance!  We are all in this together! ??

• Posted

Wow your symptoms sound spot on with mine. I get the back pain, neck muscles get so tight it causes headaches, heart flutters, Drippy feeling all over body. I’ve been told maybe some kind of neuro neuropathy. I’m definitely going to get a neurologist and mention about Chiari 1 malformation. I see you posted 9 months ago, how are you doing now? Any treatments that have helped? I’ll post back if/when I myself get any answers.
    • Posted

I began weird symptoms over 3 yrs ago and have just recently shown on MRI suspected Chiari Malformation 1 and some decline in cervical degeneration and stenosis and showed physiological flow void. I am waiting on another referral to another neurosurgeon. I am not able at this time to care for myself or work due to this getting worse and Drs coming up with numerous possible diagnosis,anxiety and I don't knows. I am determined to get my life back! I serve a mighty miracle working God who WILL bring me out of this as He promised and I use this bizarre weird journey for His good to help someone else along the way and be of help to others who are going through similar experiences. I don't feel that I have suffered this long and not have up this fight to be let down now. I will live life to the fullest again! How has your treatment been since receiving a diagnosis and your care?

• Posted

Did you ever get a diagnosis? I have been dealing with weird symptoms for over 3 years now that sound very similar and have been to numerous Drs and test also. I am like you and know for sure it is not 100% anxiety. I am waiting referral for another neurosurgeon due to recent MRI finally showing suspected Chiari Malformation I and some degeneration and stenosis that has gotten some worse in my cervical spine since last year and also showed some physiological flow voids. I pray that I can get some answers and relief because I can't continue to live like this! I continue to trust God to bring me out so I can use this bizarre journey for his grace and glory. My weird symptoms started over 3 years ago and continue to change to the point I can't care for myself or work right now but refuse to let this take over my life. I have to prove that I serve a mighty God and this problem has not been all psychological that Drs come up with when they can't figure out what your problem is. I am determined to get my life back and live and not just exist!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.