Symptoms of irritable bowel

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm suffering from bloating , excessive burping and wind from the other end . Could this be irritable bowel and if so does anyone know how to treat it ? Thankyou 

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi Maria , it could be acid reflux, check with your gp , I have ibs to and I also take omeprazole for acid reflux, I have read other people with similar issues just recently I don't know if it is another symptom of having ibs , I might be worth checking with your gp , 

god luck 

• Posted

Acid reflux very often goes with IBS.  I have acid reflux and IBS.
  • Posted

I am very windy and burp a lot more than ever before(only started happening these last 2 months)

Having various tests done but so far Docs are saying its IBS.

I dont think I have Reflux as I had a endoscopy done and that was all clear?!

Probiotics,peppermint capsules are all supposed to help but its really just finding ewhat works for YOU!

• Posted

stupid question....How would I know I have this?would this cause all my burping?

What do you/I take for this?

• Posted

If you are feeling acid coming up into your throat, have a dry, itchy cough, chest pain or a burning stomach, these are symptoms of acid reflux.  Sometimes, small amounts of food can regurgitate too along with burping.  Milk or over the counter antacids stop the symptoms.
    • Posted

Me too,Sorry to keep bothering you Pippa-But how did you stop all your worry over IBS being Cancer?

I understand you ahd some tests etc(same as me) but I cannot shake the fear its Bowel Cancer and its being missed due to Doctors telling me its IBS.

I have one or two symptoms which relate to both IBS and BC.

How did you stop your mind from going in that direction?or did you have a Colonoscopy?

Dont answer if you dont want to just curious...

• Posted

My diagnosis stopped my worry and I trusted my doctor because I felt that he knew what he was talking about.  During my panic, I turned to prayer even while I had given up all hope of a diagnosis.  I asked a priest to bless me and asked God to come down from Heaven to help since he had created me and knew every inch of me and being all seeing, would therefore know what illness I had.  Shortly after my prayers, I got my diagnosis! I know this may sound strange, but it worked.  Every time panic took hold while waiting for tests, I kept accidently coming across religious cards which had words of comfort on them telling me not to worry but to trust in God's mercy.

My worry stemmed from the fact that no one knew what was wrong and one doctor openly said that my symptoms were confusing and she hadn't got a clue.  She even asked if I thought I had IBS! This gave my worry freedom to explode.

My symptoms have now got a lot better rather than worse so I know it can't be anything bad. I had no typical alarm symptoms so I was not given a colonoscopy.

• Posted

Hi pippa58442,

i have just signed in and I have read your post , I'm glad to here your symptoms have got better, I'm writing to you as you mentioned that you turned to prayer, I too have often turned to prayer while in hospital and at home, I have sever asthma ,ibs , fibromyalgia and various other health issues each year seems to get worse, I have found on occasion when very ill prayers have been a comfort to me, while in hospital I was given some bad news and literally 5 minutes later the priest walked in, he came and prayed with me it was strange that he walked in at that time, this has happened several times now as well as coming across prayer cards that my gran gave me when I was still at school, I found comfort and like the weight of the world had been lifted, I thought I would never sleep that night as I was confused with the doctors diagnosis and worried thoughts going through my mind but after I had seen the priest I felt calm and slept like a log, some people don't understand how much prayer can help, it didn't make me well but I was more able to think straight and ask the doctors the next day for more information without being upset, so I understand how you turned to prayer, and how it is a comfort to some of us , I sometimes forget until I'm feeling really unwell and I start to pray again , then I feel guilty as I am selfish and only think about it when I am in need, last year 3 times I had type 2respitory failure but I a still here and again I saw the same priest who had prayed with me before, and the priest at our local church had said a prayer for me at mass which was really nice as I don't attend church now and I didn't even know his name, a family friend had mentioned that I was very ill and he came to see me when I got home , a few stranger things happened over the years that I can't explain but they made me feel better emotionally and Spiritually I still forget until something happens or like tonight I signed into the site and your post was the first thing I saw, 

sorry I do go on , I'm pleased that you are feeling better, and find comfort in prayers too ,

take care 

loraine 

• Posted

Glad to hear prayer helps you too.  I think many of us don't bother praying when everything is working out but turn to it suddenly when things go wrong. It's all part of the human condition.   I hope things get better for you as you have had worse conditions than me.

• Posted

Thank you very much pippa 58442,

That is so true we turn to god in our time of need, it helps me so I don't bother what people think, 

I hope that you are well  I haven't been on the site today as I'm sore from being out yesterday even though it was only to the hospital, 

i will catch up later, wishing you well, 

loraine x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.