symptoms of mental illnesses

Posted , 4 users are following.

i've noticed all of the symptoms for bipolar disorder, dissosiative identity disorder, and schizophrenia. i'm not self-diagnosing myself but should i seek help?

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Simple answer is YES! You won't know unless you ask a doctor, and the sooner you find out, the sooner you can get the appropriate treatment, or set your mind at rest if your fears are unfounded.
  • Posted

Yes. I recommend seeing a counselor who is able to diagnose you, a regular doctor won't be able to, they will only give you medication for the symptoms.
  • Posted

I note this was posted 3 months ago, are the symptoms still there and have you been to the doctors yet? 

If not, make an appointment with them, but make sure to bring a checklist of symptoms to present to the docs, and elaborate on the most disruptive or major ones. Insist on getting a referral to the mental health centre or a psychiatrist. 

• Posted

If you have any concerns regarding your health on any level then, yes, seek help starting with your doctor and then just take it from there. You don't want things to deteriorate while you're still wondering if you have a problem or not. The fact that you're concerned is ample grounds to head off to the doctor. Don't worry, it'll be okay.

All the best.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.