Symptoms post EBV/Mono

Posted , 7 users are following.

I had EBV/Mono back in July no sore throat just fatigue headache night sweats fever chills and off the chart liver levels. Was starting to recover about a month later and developed a dry hacking cough couldn't sleep couldn't catch my breath. Was told Bronchcitus! Sp. 4 months later still have cough am on inhalers steroids antibiotics but no firm diagnosis has anyone else experienced this?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Toni Louise,

So sorry to hear you have been feeling so unwell, what a terrible time you have had. Just want to offer some hope in that definitely from the mono you will recover, it can take time and it is not at all uncommon still to feel fatigued and under the weather at the 6 months stage, so don't worry too much about that you will feel better. The bronchitis combined with the mono has really hit your immune system like a tonne of bricks but I do believe you will recover - just give yourself plenty of time to rest and be kind to yourself. Taking a good multivitamin and B complex and Vitamin C, and also herbs like siberian ginseng and echnicea can really help boost your immune system. Do keep in touch with your doctor though and take the right advice, thinking about you and hope that you feel better soon - there is hope today and I do believe you will recover completely and get over this hard time you've had, fear not in that respect.

Take care and hang in there

Craig

• Posted

When I was diagnosed with mono my throats was just a little sore and did not have a fever.  My symptoms were extreme exhaustion, night sweats, chills and elevated liver levels.  I also developed bronchitis a month after the mono diagnosis.  Both the elevated liver enzymes and bronchitis went away with oral steroids.  I am so sorry to hear that your have not resolved.  This is a nasty virus that effects everyone differently.  I have found that it is soooo important to continue resting and relieve as much stress as possible. For me that means that my husband does all the grocery shopping because, for some odd reason, that is very stressful for me.  Take care!
    • Posted

Good advice Gerbear! I hope that things are improving for you too, I know it's been a horrible time with the virus for you, so thinking about you and just letting you know that I still fully believe in your recovery! There's hope and light at the end of the tunnel yet!! Hang in there.

Thinking of you

Craig

• Posted

And there's most definitely hope for you Toni Louise too...thinking of you also and remember that despite this horrible time you WILL recover and get fully better again - it can take time I know which is frustrating but you will get there!

Craig

• Posted

Im showing signs of IM but im afraid im still having low grade fever for almost a month now and recently numbing of my legs and hands -how long does the fever last?
  • Posted

Do you cough any phlegm up at all? Xx
    • Posted

Yes Rosanna I used to cough up phlegm at various times when the virus affected by throat and things, hang in there things will get better in time.

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.