Symptoms sound like ibs?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have been tracking my symptoms for a few "events" now and it seems to follow a similar course each time. If I eat a meal high in fat or grease I begin by having a pain at the top of my stomach just below my ribcage. It is followed by abdominal cramps and gut noises. Finally, I will experience diarrhea that is urgent and frequent over the next 10-12 hours usually. I sometimes experience nausea during this time as well. I am attempting to control my symptoms by avoiding triggers but have experienced this weekly for a couple months. I always suspected I had ibs d before but it seems worse since having my baby three months ago.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Have you been to you doctor to rule out other causes with colonoscopy/endoscopy?  Your symptoms do sound like IBS with the food intolerance.  Do you have any constipation and does your pain move about your stomach or stay in the one place?  Does the pain ease with a bowel movement?  Hormonal changes can make IBS worse.
  • Posted

It does sound like ibs- grease is a very big trigger. Might also be worth getting your gall bladder checked.
  • Posted

Sounds like it could be your gall bladder. When I was pregnant it triggered off my gall bladder .
  • Posted

It is good that you have found you have triggers.  I tend not to have triggers but I do have the symptoms.  Sounds to me like you need to cut out your meals high in fat and grease.  Job done.
  • Posted

I think thats how most people deal with IBS your triggers sound like IBS. I cant have a fried egg anymore, because of what they cook the egg in.

I get pain in my stomach so I take paracetmol and do a gentle stomach movement.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.