Symptoms you had with an ulcer?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Curious to see what symptoms you had? Everyone has different symptoms and some people are more tolerable than others

I still am waiting for results for a h pylori test.

My symptoms started with indigestion then mild discomfort to my stomach, no appetite followed with nausea. I would get headaches with light head pressure and and i felt terribly fatigued and had loose stool. My doctor checked me for galbladder issues all came back negative. He put me on omzeraple, i would still get mild stomach discomfort with random dull stabbing pain in my stomach and chest. My back and shoulders would hurt. Pressure in my stomach it was always dull pressure. I have lost 25lbs watching what i eat no soda or coffee. My appetite has come back after about 5 weeks. I had a cup of coffee and the fatigued kicked in and dull stomach pains. The next day i felt okay. This weekend i had chili dogs. I woke up at night with stomach cramping on my left side and loose stool. After using the bathroom i felt better. Still have the random dull stabbing pain in the chest and stomach.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I had no symtoms and collapsed on the floor, went into shock and spend 2 weeks in I.C.U.... 

so i'm not over sure what to look out for

• Posted

Hi

Well stomach ulcer pain is usually of the low grinding type. Often with back ache as well as frontal pain.

Sorry but you have me laughing. For God's sake steer clear of chillies and the like until you know what you are dealing with. Get off spicey and fried foods for a little while in favour of a blander diet.

I take it you are not passing dark, tarry, or blackened stools ?

For the time being you shouldn't let your stomach get empty or too full.

Lots of small and frequent meals. Mushroom, chicken soups etc. Definitely not Tomato Soup.

It is not the done thing to take PPIs ( Omeprazole) with antacid tablets (Calcium Carbonate) because you need  a minimum acid concentration in your Stomach. But pain means damage. And antacids reduce the acid concentration immediately. So I would not take both as a regime - but when needs must (and this very often happens in the middle of the night - no food in the stomach and high acid concentrations) it is as well to keep Calcium Carbonate tablets on the bedside table and chew on two or three when necessary. And incidentally you could take antacids for a lifetime without side effects. You should definitely NOT do that with a PPI, wonderful as PPIs are in the short term.

• Posted

Thanks for the info. I had only eaten the greasy food because i was feeling better. Ha that was a mistake. Starting to feel the symptoms again with tiredness and light head pressure. I did have dark black stools for about 2 days about 4 weeks ago. I have not had that since. They also told me you can have blood in your stool and you might not be able to see it. Still waiting on my results from over a week ago. They have my results but the Doctors assistant has failed to call me back. I will call them again tomorrow.
    • Posted

I did thanks for asking

Negative for h pylori

So i stopped my omperazole been off for 1 week and strangely enough i am feeling much better.

• Posted

I was negative for h-pylori too. No symptoms before hand then went into shock and icu for 2 weeks (fun).

Since i have just been mainly eating bland food... still 9 months later a bit dodgy with tomato based stuff and try to avoid anythin overly spicy... which is rubbish.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.