T-score

Posted , 4 users are following.

Finally, after more than two months, I have been able to find out my T-score.  It is -2.0.  Not quite sure what the implications of that are.       

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi. Your score indicates you have not got osteoporosis, but you are in the osteopenia range. However, for now, if you do weight bearing exercise and take the calcium and vitamin supplements recomended many times on this forum and of course eat healthly, you have a chance of keeping within this range. We all loose bone density as we age, but you have been given a reminder, before you have osteoporosis. I was not diagnosed until I had 2 fractures and was then a -3.5. My best wishes to you and I hope you can stay, or even improve in this range.
    • Posted

Alison, thank you!  I am feeling a whole lot better today than I have for several weeks.  I just wish it hadn't been so hard to find out - seems like everyone wanted me so terrified I would agree to the scary meds!  (Nope, I told them today that even if my bones were like sponges I was not risking those).  So now I am confident that so far I've been making the right choices.   smile
  • Posted

HI ANHAGA, I'm sure you're very relieved. Now relax and take good care of yourself. In a few months you're Pred. will be reducied and you'll feel the benefit and may experience no significant or long term side-effects. Also  your PMR may go into a long remission or inndeed never return . . . .  Positive thinking!  Because, In my experience,  the most dreaded senarios we conjure up rarely happen. Good Luck.

J

• Posted

That's what I like to hear - positve vibes all the way!  I have managed to reduce to 8 mg and now cautiously venturing into 7.5 territory, taking my supplements, walking, weight bearing, tai chi, physio, you name it!  But right now I feel like dancing!biggrin
    • Posted

Lord, don't tire yourself out or your muscles will take you to task. They don't know about your personal goals - they'll  just hurt . . . . !!

J

• Posted

Oh I have been careful.  In spite of prednisone and Polymyalgia I have been able to maintain a good level of fitness.  
  • Posted

That is good news and you may be able to improve on that as well with a good diet and vitamins and some moderate exercise. People have covered it already. All the best!
  • Posted

I want everyone to know that if they are taking calcium and Vitamin D3 they should also be taking Vitamin K2, preferably Vitamin K2-7.  That is the vitamin which makes sure that the calcium goes into the bones instead of depositing itself on blood vessel walls.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.