take blood before breakfast and after breakfast, any difference?

Posted , 4 users are following.

well, i took a blood on mid Jan, after my lunch. i took some pork meat, ended up my urea 20, creatinine 244.

then end of Jan, i took after breakfast, breakfast was a bun and glatinious rice cake. without any meat.

then my blood drop from 244 to 200, urea 20 to 17.

i am going to take a blood tomorrow. this time, i will fast after tonight 11pm.

so fasting require for taking blood?anybody, thanks!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I agree. Meat is very taxing on depleted kidneys
    • Posted

so should we just avoid meat? but i lack of blood, haemoglobin low 8.3

how?

• Posted

Sorry, I don't have any answers. Just whenever I eat meat these days my legs and hips twitch. It's so annoying. Can't sleep. Big dilemma. It is interesting that you get a better reading when abstaining from meat. I'm cusping between stages 4 @ 5.
  • Posted

I dont know about the meat or types of food but my neph does tend to ask me what time of day I had my bloods and if it was before or after my linch. Must make a difference. Hes asked me to stick to the same time now so its consistant.
  • Posted

Firstly, remeber that meat is not the only source of protein - plenty of vegetable sources as well.

Secondly, don't fast for too long - after all your glucose stores are used up then your body switches to using protein (that is, your muscles) for a short while before it switches to using fat. However I think you need to fast for at least a day to get rid of your glucose stores (don't rely on this!).

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.