Posted , 3 users are following.

I have made blood test and lipid profile test and the results was as follows:

Serum Total Cholesterol: 228 mg/dl

Serum Triglycerides: 133 mg/dl

HDL Cholesterol: 55 mg/dl

LDL Cholesterol: 146 mg/dl

VLDL Cholesterol: 27 mg/dl

HDL Risk Factor: 4.15

Should I take statin or not, considering that I was also diagnosed with Atrial Fibrillation and I take bisoprolol fumarate 2.5mg as a treatment.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Mostafa - I'm not a doctor, but I am a survivor of Statin use. Dreadful stuff. I would suggest you read "The Great Cholesterol Myth" by Bowden Phd - particularly chapter 6. Also online you can view a very informative doco called "Statin Nation." It will serve you well to be thoroughly informed before you consider using Statin drugs. Best of luck to you.

• Posted

I am not a medical pro, far from it.  My expertise is in electronics.  But from the numbers I have seen in my own case as a patient, it looks like you don't need to be on them at all, and as such should not be.  WAY too much is riding on it.  WAY too much risk to your health.  Keep searching this site for corroboration, you'll find stories of permanent damage caused by statins.

It looks like your HDL (good cholesterol) is higher than optimal, your LDL (bad cholesterol) is sustantially lower than critical, both of which combine to yours being the ideal cholesterol situation.  Why even consider going on them?

Your trigiicerides look a little high. Again, I am not a medical pro, but since statins contribute to diabetes, it would seem they would not be recommended in your case and could increase your trigliceride levels. Statins were not designed to help with trigricerides at all, so that's another no. 

In short, you're golden.  Don't mess with a good thing.  Don't seek to fix what ain't broken.  Statins are nothing but trouble, and should only be considered if no other remedies will work.  Would you take chemotherapy "just in case" (which was why statins were prescribed to me)?  No.  We all know chemotherapy is poison, it's a universally known fact whether you're a medical pro or not.  Makes you deathly miserable at every treatment. We just want it to kill the disease before it kills the patient.

As far as the other drugs you are taking and how they may mix with statins, be intensely aware that drug interactions exist and can be dangerous.  There are only downsides to potential drug interactions, so stay as drug free as you can.  

Don't take anything in this category on faith.  Many incentives are offered to doctors to get them to prescribe drugs like statins.

I consider statins in the same category as chemotherapy.  Poison, to be avoided at all costs unless there's absolutely no other way.

• Posted

What do you think about Family history? Could this be a major risk considering that one of my parents did have narrowed arteries, diabetes and high pressure.
    • Posted

Check yourself out for such things, family history is not everything.  But don't expect statins to help on those kinds of things anyway, except maybe narrowed arteries.  Never heard of narrowed arteries, myself.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.