Taking 4 mirtazapine 15mgs

Posted , 3 users are following.

i was prescribed mirtz for anxiety and sleep to take alongside fluoroxetine. I don't want to continue with mirtz. My GP did not explain to me about the problems with mirtz. I thought they would just help me sleep. Did not realise abt the side effects. I have taken 4 tablets in total, so am hoping I don't get withdrawal symptoms. I have been in flux for one month and I am sure they have kicked in now. I just don't want to take two sets of antidepressants. Anyway I am not going to takes he mirtz tonight. Let's hope I sleep ok.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Deborah, 

If you only took them for four nights, you should be able to stop without problems, though nothing surprises me with mirt anymore!  You are wise to double think this.  Try magnesium glycinate 200 mg at bedtme for sleep.  Some say that inositol helps with sleep but you would need to get the bulk powder and take 8 or so grams...I'd try the magnesium first. You can take 400 mg at bedtime if you tolerate 200 mg well.

I wish you luck :-)

• Posted

Thank you. I Have  Been listening to relaxing music and rain, but can not flaming well sleep!! I am going to drink milk. 

D

• Posted

Hi Deborah, how do you get on? Maybe it would be worth tapering off if you are having some sleep issues

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.