Taking a narcotics with Fibro

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, I have fibro and been taking narcotics for a while now.  My pain seems to be getting worse over the past year.  I am trying to determine if the narcotics are actually causing me more pain (like rebound pain), or if the disease is progressing.  

Anyone have experience with this?  Anyone take narcotics for a long time and then quit?  

Thanks everyone !!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Can I ask what you are actually taking ?
    • Posted

To be honest I'd not heard of them lol 😂 I was on zapain for a while and then pain got terrible I changed to tramadol for bit then they stopped working so bank to the zapain!! Now none work at all so I oramorph which is obviously very strong, I do not take this every day but take when the pain is really bad. Also I take pregabalin and amatriptolin which helps a lot !! Ask your gp to help you I'm sure they will xxx

• Posted

Anyone find that taking Oxy or another pain killer actually increased their pain?
  • Posted

Just bumping this up to see if I can get anymore responses on this.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.