Taking Eliquis

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have been on eliquis for almost a month now for a PE and I'm exprencing some symptoms like shortness of breath rapid heart beat chest pain muscles pain confusion blurry vision and nausea. I have been to the emergency room on a couple of occasion but the keep saying it's not my heart no new blood clots all labs were fine but I still feel the same. My Primary care doctor referred me to a hematolgis and pulmonaligst and the ER referred me to gastronologist. I feel so out of control because I have no answers as to what is going on with me.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Don't worry Hon.I was switched 2 years ago from Xrelto which is good for many, but was awful for me ..So we are all different Eliquis has had no side effects thank God. But I think a cardiologist or a hemotologist will try switching you to another of the newer anticoagulants if you do not want to take the old tried and true Warfarin which works for many but requires many blood tests and takes a while for doctors to adjust your doses. This Afib is a scary thing.Some of us have very few symptons (which to me is worse because we do not not when to take is easy or slow down a bit from scurrying around (me anyway) But as I said all our dodies are effected in different ways...so hang in there ..You will get used to it and maybe not panis so much after the doctor has you on th ecorrect drug and dose ...God Bless

• Posted

Hi shaunita31665,

It's likely to be your original PE/S getting a bit smaller,

working it's way deeper into your body, compounded by uncertainty.

These clots may take time to work it's way through, settling in slightly different places,

causing ongoing discomfort, clot anxiety's and uncertainties.

It's a great opportunity to improve diet (heart health/ clot dissolving) and hydration and plenty of rest and sleep.

Your inner body systems are working in overdrive dealing with obstruction and change.

Clots zap a lot of healing energy plus mojo. And it's rightly to be precautious when looking after yourself. Listen to your body, and get comfortable as best you can.

• Posted

I too have questions. Ive been on eliquis for almost 7 weeks post two small pes in my lungs. I get chest pain sometimes off and on. Sometimes on left sometimes on right. I get a lot of back pain too is this from the eliquis? Anyone know.
  • Posted

Hi

This might not be very helpful but hopefully a little reassuring that you’re not the only one. I’ve been experiencing some of the same issues. I had a blood clot in my arm in July this year (suspected APS/Hughes Syndrome) and went on to Rivaroxaban, the side effects of this tablet on me were horrible so I swapped to Eliquis instead. I experience fewer side effects on this however I still have; chest pain (my heart side), shortness of breath, fatigue and a strange sensation in my heart – a pounding, especially noticeable when led down or resting, but when I check the rhythm and rate seem ok but it doesn’t feel right/normal.

I’m seeing my haematologist again on the 16th Jan so will mention these symptoms to her. It seems as though the doctors have been quite thorough in checking you and taking it seriously but thankfully not found anything. Hopefully these symptoms are just side effects and nothing more sinister, even if they aren’t pleasant and can be scary, which I understand. Perhaps you could try a different blood thinner?

I know Eliquis/most blood thinners can make you anaemic and when my iron is low I feel incredibly nauseous, so perhaps ask about getting your iron levels checked regularly too (I’m on iron pills twice a day now). I also had really bad muscle pain on Rivaroxaban but less so on Eliquis, so your muscle pain could be linked to the thinner? Perhaps ask to try another thinner, it may be worth a shot?

Good luck with it all.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.