Tapering..insomnia and anxiety

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey what about heart racing crazy..and feeling sort of detached when in public..sorta like benzo w/d. I'm still on this so fear just gonna get worse. I slept ok last night surprisingly almost 6 hours only waking once or twice. I wish I hadn't got myself down this road again..I don't even know if tapering properly but can't talk to doctor about as I've been taking my dose and more in short time span.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Never had heart racing that I noticed. My mind has been muddled but gets better each day. I would be honest with your doctor if they are good they will understand. I was only on 300 mg 3x a day for a total of 3 weeks I can only imagine longer usage and higher doses. Im on day 13 fully abstinent and my sleep is not normal and I don't feel normal yet but the worst is over. This medication needs to be tapered and stopped under the supervision of a doctor there are too many bad things that can happen. This drug will mess with your head.

• Posted

Thing is, my doctor is a nut. he doesn't realize how it works (most doctors don't ) they only know what the pharmaceutical companies tell them. I'm worried if i tell him I've been taking over what prescribed (partly because he gave me extra couple months in row) also family member has..That he will RAPIDLY drop me not realizing severity of possible w/d symptoms you know? Lots of doctors drop 300/day..but I've read best ease with 100mg

• Posted

I guess that's a possibility but if you keep taking more than prescribed you will eventually run out and have to pay the piper.

• Posted

Yup..that's why I'm trying to stop while I'm ahead...which should have been before now for sure. I'm just ANGRY at myself for starting (as anti anxiety/mood stabalizer) my sister has been trying to get me on psyche meds for awhile and I've been against..almost three years off methadone..And now this. I had NO IDEA I would feel a high from it..And well that's whats happened. Oh about 7months on this btw

• Posted

Hmm..I sent a reply and it's being 'moderated'...

• Posted

I'm pretty sure I censored myself...ha well maybe not.

Can't they automatically do that..haha and what's up with these badges?? I don't care about badges just advice answers are sufficient ha

• Posted

Hi

There is so many side-effects to this medication. We all have it in different ways. Tapering off is very hard this med causes withdraws. I still have them and I been off for a month.  I still feel light headed.  From what I read on this site even if you take some dose for short time it can stillo effect you.  I also talk to people that took this and they said they had no side effects getting off. Maybe it has to do with bood type.  I will pray for you that God wil heal you quickly.  Naomi

• Posted

Sorry lots of typing errors.  I meant even if you take small dose for short time it can effect you.  Naomi
    • Posted

Thank you...yeah the insomnia just reversed itself.. (for now?) Took a THREE hour nap yesterday which never do..and slept pretty good last night. Still crazy vivid dreams but thats ok. I felt drunk in not a good way yesterday and my sister said i looked really tired..felt very strange being out..I'll just have to take as comes and hopefully goes I guess

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.