Taurine works wonders for me !

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have had a heart condition for 13 years now known as 1st and 2nd degree heart block. I have now started to suffer from Atrial Flutter and/or Atrial Fibrilation. A few months ago i bought some Taurine as i read it helps with the electrical functions of the heart. I have discovered that i can stop the flutter/fib in a matter of 10 mins by taking 3000mg of taurine. It has successfully stopped it on each occasion. Maybe try a lesser amount 1st then work up to the dose that works for you ? Please let me know if this has been of any help to you. It certainly has made the world of difference to me !

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

What other types of medications are you on? I'm currently taking 240mg Cardizem and warfarin daily. Will Taurine have any effect with this combination?
  • Posted

Hi Ponystar,

In answer to your question....NONE. I don't do orthodox meds unless i absolutely have to ! I 'self medicate' by googling whatever condition i have, then finding out what best works for me. I live a relatively healthy, happy life using vitamins, herbs and other supplements. I believe the hidden motto in big pharma is;

'THERE IS NO MONEY IN GOOD HEALTH'

• Posted

I am  a paroxsymal afibber and was just perusing this forum today and am wondering how all is going with you.  Is the taurine still working?  Also I can't take the Rx blood thinners and am wondering what you are taking instead.  I am thinking of vit e, evening primrose and aspirin.  Hope all is going well with you.

• Posted

Thanks Nofibs, an definitely going to give that a go when I next have AF, probably today as I seem to have them on alternate days at the moment. I take Taurine on a regular basis - 2000mg spread through the day but didn't think of taking it while in AF - think I'll not take my daily regular dose today but try it like you do. Will let you know how I go.

Thanks Maggie

• Posted

Hello,

I was discovered to have AV block, first and second degree, with no risk said the cardiologist. I started Taurine and all stopped. Blocks arrived more frequently during the rest hours and after a heavy physical effort. All disappeared with Taurine, taking between 1 and 3 grames daily. Already 3 months.

What is strange is that there are no evidencies of the link betweem them, except for your posting. It is interesting for me to know if it still works for you...

Thanks

• Posted

Hi,

Please excuse my ignorance here, what is AV block and how is it felt is: chest pain, palpitations etc?. Where do you buy your Taurine?.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.