Tea Tree Oil Saved My Eyes.

Posted , 13 users are following.

There's a product out there which is a schrub, and is used to treat Blepharitis. It's very expenesive. I could never afford it. I later learned that one of the main ingredients is Tea Tree Oil. So I bought some and mixed one drop with some no tears baby shampoo. Mixed it in my hand, rubed it over my face with my eyes closed. Then I schrubed along the edges of my eye lids. After that I rinsed my face and eyes with cool water and applied a gentle moisterizer to my face. I did this twice a day. My eyes are doing great, and although I use systane eye drops, I dont use them very much.This site has helped me so much, I just want to help someone else if I can. smile Dena d

4 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I guess maybe my case was very severe since it took me so long to get a handle on the symptoms..

Also, I leave my concoction on after washing, massaging and gently dabbing my eyes dry. That's what's working for me. I start by washing with Neutrogena Grapefruit Acne Wash to control bacteria. The three to four drops of tea tree oil in a teaspoon of olive oil I mix well with a Q-tip which I then use to apply to the lid margins using the other end for the other eye. This prevents cross-contamination, which has been very important duri g the course of this illness for me since my right eye was much worze than my left.

I'm actually hopeful of completely curing this thing. Its been a real nightmare.

I refuse to believe that this is a life long condition, as most doctors tell their patients as they write script after script for oral anti-biotics.

Gooduck.

• Posted

Thank you. I have a extreme dibilitaing case of bleph. Willing to try everything and anything.
    • Posted

Be careful! blef dosen't harm the eyes, but other things do.

• Posted

Only use what is widely reccomended. Many substances in general can damage the eye. I use Tea Tree Oil which has changed my life, but I only use one drop with on tears shampoo. No tears shampoo is reccomended by most eye doctors. Don't experiment without knowledge, you can't go back once you have damaged your sight.

• Posted

You're correct of course and I thank you for pointi g out that as desperate as one may feel while tacing this awful condition, cauttion and good sense must prevail. Thank you.

• Posted

anges, thank you. we need to help each other as we are all in the same boat!
    • Posted

Why don't I see others with eyes like mine if so many have it? I feel alone except here.

• Posted

Sorry,but blep can and does damage your eyes. Onset of bleph damaged my corneas,my 20-20 vision changes for the worse monthly Can't drive etc. I developed cataracts in both eyes. I could go on but bleph has damaged my eyes terribly.

• Posted

Hi Dena, so pleased to hear that your eyes are so much better, it's so good to feel nearer to normal again isn't it. Mine are now feeling next to normal except for the odd twitching and itch, which I ignore. It's taken two and a half years of vigilant routine. I'll never forget the misery though and sympathise with anyone who is trying to battle with Bleph. 

Ive just had a two week holiday, my eye routine was difficult due to restricted facilities, but I had no problems, was able to wear make up ten evenings running. No problems with sun sensitivity or theatre light thanks to my new specs. It makes all the difference.

To everyone reading this post, it's a note of positivity to give hope that you will too find your eye routine and Arsenal of treatments that work for you and bring you comfort and normality.

• Posted

Pamela, so happy for you! smile Yes, at first it is truelu discouraging, but once you fine something that helps, it's not so bad. Dena

• Posted

To hear no cure is just the worst. Manage it would be great but I wish I could show you pictures it took over my face. Red swollen eyes filled with fluid, healing but cheeks are puffy bloated with under skin lumps. Getting better but worry I will be deformed or get sepsis.
    • Posted

I take a strong antihistamine every day and wonder if this would be the answer to your puffy lumpy cheeks as Bleph is usually confined to eyes only. You can get ceterazine over the counter so it's worth a try. I also take 6000mgs of Omega3 per day and this has helped reduce the inflammation in my eyes drastically. Check out a medical trial which has been carried out. You can find it on line. I buy them at Holland and Barrett when they are on offer. By taking the antihistamine and Omega 3 and wearing reaction specs with drive safe coating my eyes feel as normal as they can ever be now. I'm saving the tea tree oil idea just in case.

if you are not happy with your diagnosis re your skin on your face then ask to be referred to a dermatologist.

See how you get on. Good luck and try not to let it get you down as eventually you will find your answers.

xx

• Posted

I think my flare up was so bad it was just drainage from eyes to cheeks. It's improved dramatically with Wet Ones, tea tree and preservative free eye drops but this is going to take time.

• Posted

Ok. It is now May 9, 2017 and I have been away from the blog seeing to other ailments but I am glad to report good news and SHARE A TIP FOR BLEPH SUFFERERS LIKE MYSELF.

After taking doxcycycline 100mg for almost a month in January I had almost 3 weeks of good eyes -- washing morning, noon and night with my tea tree & baby shampoo and kept taking my ceterazine too.

Then I had a relapse that was much milder and of shorter duration than any other since I became afflicted with this. I went to see my optho then and he said the most important thing I've heard so far. WE MUST REALIGN THE FLORA IN YOUR BODY...SO NO MATTER WHAT'S GOING ON WITH YOUR EYES TAKE DOXCY 50mg TWO WEEKS ON, TWO WEEKS OFF FOR A WHILE KEEPING UP YOUR LID HYGIENE AND WE WILL EVENTUALLY STOP TAKING THE DOXCY TO SEE IF IT WORKED.

Friends, this is working for me with my latest relapse a relatively mild one lasting only four days. I only take the ceterazine during relapses now, continuing the tea tree oil cleansing morning and night only. I carry around drops, gel, tissues, lid cleaning towelettes....but never need them much lately.

Im not saying I'm delighted to be taking antibiotics to this e,tent but I know what you mean when you say you wish you could show pictures of your severe outbreaks. I have had them just as bad, believe me. So I am hopeful and thankful for each day with normal eyes. AND DONT WORRY....YOUR SKIN WILL GET BETTER, THE DARK CIRCLES WILL GO AWAY AND YOU WILL FEEL NORMAL AGAIN AS I HAVE BEEN FEELING FOR TWO MONTHS NOW, WITH FEW AND MUCH LESS ACTIVE EPISODES.

I ALSO HIGHY RECOMMEND APPLYING CO ONUT OIL BELOW THE LIDS DURING OUTBREAKS...IT HAS HUGE ANTIBACTERIAL BENEFITS.

GOOD LUCK EVERYBODY.

AGNES

• Posted

Hello, I have a severe case of Bleph. & dry eye in one eye that has taken over my life literally. I cannot wear makeup as it irritates my eyes tremendously, or even leave my home bc air to my eye feels like dry ice over my eyes. I've tried all antibiotic drops & the flare ups, & irritating swelling never go away. I am doing warm compressions & cleaning it gives a little relief for the moment but not enough. I have not tried an oral antibiotic, can you give me your latest update on how your eyes are doing? Thank you!

• Posted

You might have facial rosacea which often moves to the eyes (ocular rosacea)and most often causes bleph. Check with dermatologist or your optho

'might' know. Most eye docs don't really know enough about bleph.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.