Teeth unbelievably dry after build-ups

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi there,

I had composite build-ups done to my two front and centre teeth yesterday afternoon.

But since then, I have felt this horrifically unbelievable dryness when I run my tongue along the back of my front two teeth.

It is actually quite difficult to deal with.

I was just wondering, is this a normal feeling? Will it go in time (if so, how long?!). And is there any way of reversing dental build-ups? Or perhaps the dentist can apply another layer to mitigate the dryness?

All and any help appreciated smile

Nick

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I have a dry mouth. My dentist suggested chew sugar free gum and use hard candies and there are also lozenges for dry mouth. Limit coffee, and acid foods and drinks. Try alkaline foods & drinks less harmful on teeth.

look for products with Xilatol.

breath thru ur nose and use a humidifier. 

There are many products designed for dry mouth seen at most drug stores or google online. I drink a lot of water with a ph of 6.0 or above. Xilatol can be found as a powder to put in drinks. A lemon or lime added to water is also alkaline. It sounds acid but actually is not. 

These are some of the things that help. It's a constant routine. I use lots of lip gloss.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.