Temporal artery biopsy tomorrow!

Posted , 12 users are following.

I had a call from St George's Hospital this afternoon, telling me I was booked in for 8am tomorrow morning! Talk about short notice, - maybe they had a cancellation.

So, early start tomorrow, leaving home at 6.15am to be sure we get there on time and don't t stuck traffic like the last time. And time for breakfast in the cafeteria.

Feeling a bit nervous and sick at the thought of it, but at least I won't have days to think about it.

0 likes, 53 replies

53 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Susanne

How long you been on pred and what dose?

• Posted

Lodger, currently on 37.5mg and have had GCA for about 18 months, but my new rheumy said she wanted it done anyway. She's also booking a PET scan.

I know it's highly unlikely they will find anything, and so does she, but now trying to cover all bases, as I'm feeling so awful and unable to taper below 30 without major flares.

It's been the most debilitating time, my life is on hold most of the time.

• Posted

Good luck to you!  It's great that you will soon get it over with!  Thke waiting is always the worst.   Elinor
  • Posted

Good luck - though as you know, I doubt they'll find anything after all this time on pred. Maybe it will make them look at other imaging too.
    • Posted

Thanks Eileen. Yes, I would be surprised too, but will also be using ultrasound, and of course the PET scan coming up soon.
  • Posted

Hello Susanne, I know how awful you've been feeling so although like the others I doubt they'll find anything it will be a test that will help them to get to the bottom of things. I wish you all the best, do let us know how you get on.
  • Posted

You are so right.  I like to get that  kind of stuff over with as soon

as possible.  Hate things hanging over me to stew and worry aboutl

Best of luck and hope it all goes well.....

• Posted

All the best, and if necessary you could always ask to see a Vascular Consultant, if all the test your good rheumatologist do not work out.

Best to talk it over with the rheumy as well. 

• Posted

Just back from holiday and seen you mail, i wish you the very best and hope all goes well. Regards Mags.x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.