Ten weeks post op - aches and stiffness

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi folks

Should I rest or exercise?

I have been doing too much active stuff, my own fault.

Getting down on the floor and fixing screws under dining table. (Long story)

I was stiff and achy last night and sat in a hot bath. Have taken Co-codamol for aches.

Should I go to the jacuzzi and loosen up or should I stay home and rest?

What would you do?

Shirley

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

My surgery was September 14th and I feel exactly the same way- achy stiff, and sore! I take pain Meds when it gets bad- but soaking in a hot tub seems to work the best-go soak!
    • Posted

Hi ginger

We are about level pegging - my op was on 17th September.

Yes, the muscles are weak and having to do a bit extra each day now I am off crutches. I am using a stick  but then forget to take it with me and end up hobbling about. Not good for the back muscles I know.

Off to baths,

Shirley

• Posted

Shirley,

Oh no, why is it we never ever learn to take it easy?   Well you're not alone, we all overdo it at some time.

If you have found jacuzzi good in the past, go for it, then sit at home with a good book, good film etc. in fact anything absorbing to take your mind off the world.

I am finding that my wife's idea of jigsaw puzzles is excellent - I get so absorbed, I forget all about the operation and the pain.

Best regards

Graham

• Posted

Thanks rocketman

The muscles seem to ache as soon as I push myself to get back to normal. I do not lift or band but I still want to be able to do housework like I used to. Frustrating.mad 

Off to baths now.

Shirley

• Posted

You know that you've done too much..I did the same

and have to ease up for a couple of days. Rest,rest.

Cathie

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.