Tender paints all over my body

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi all, 

I dont know if im in the right place but here goes....

I have very sore tender points on my body, on the top of my arms (lrft are opne is very painful even without touch) in my shoulder blades and back.

ive had them for years but no one can tell me why i get them,???

I also have tietzies syndrome that really flarred up at the mo and im struggling sad

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Mel, I am so sorry that you are having problems.  I don't know if you are in the right forum or not.  Have you ever had a diagnosis?  What does your dr. say.
  • Posted

No had no diagnosis. They just keep saying it's because il I'll (only been to see them when I have been poorly)
    • Posted

Hi Mel, but you wouldn't be going to see them if you were well.  Drs. are there because you are sick.  You need to make an appt. and get some bloods done.  
    • Posted

I've had loads of bloods done, full bloods. Nothing major cep is up slightly due to tietzies. I don't think they know what it is
  • Posted

Use the search engine on this site and look for Diagnosis and Treatment of PMR.

Just might help.

• Posted

You might have fibromyalgia. I also have tender points and have diagnosed myself over the years with it by reading about it and deciding this is what I have. I use a tiny bit of anti-inflammatory gel which helps immensely. It's the only thing I have found which does help.
  • Posted

Dear Meljenk,

Please tell us more about yourself including your age, what country you live in, and what kind of doctors you have seen. undefined pain is very hard to live with. Sorry for your troubles.

• Posted

I'm in the UK, female and 32. I have seen my GP and a rhymatologist for my tietzies l.
    • Posted

Dear Meljenk,

Because your age is decades below the usual threshold for PMR (PMR sufferers are usually older than 50 and more likely over 60), you probably should check out the symptoms for fibermyalgia which has a nerve component to it. Have you discussed this with your rheumatologist?

• Posted

I was thinking fibro but my doctor dismissed it a few years ago. No I haven't as they have discharged me, will have another 3 months wait to see them :-(
  • Posted

Meljenk, your description of sore tender points does sound very much like Fibromyalgia, which is usually treated with analgesic painkillers, low-dose antidepressants and lifestyle changes.  Have you tried painkillers or antidepressants?  If not, then ask you GP if s/he will put you on a short trial of such med - if you have any improvement, then you may also have an answer.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.