Tendon/Muscle hard lump in neck no pain

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, 

I was wondering if someone could provide me with any information, advice etc. 

I have looked around online for a few weeks and not found anything like the situation I am in.

About a month previous I felt like I pulled a muscle on my right side an inch or 2 above my collarbone. I am a regular neck clicker and did the movement quite violently which caused a sharp pain that soon faded. A dull ache remained but hardly noticeable. 

A week or 2 later i felt the area and noticed a hard, bonelike lumped area around the area i strained. This caused a bit of panic but with moving to a new area/house etc i have yet to see a doctor.

Currently the lump remains, pain is minimal (a dull ache nothing more) no restriction in movement, but if i poke and prod the area the neck begins to tighen up.

If anyone can provide any information of what might have happened as scouring the web has not helped much so far.

Thanks in advance and i will be seeing a doctor soon, but till then i could use as much info as i can get.

Cheers

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Joel

Are you taking any medication or have any medical conditions?

Can you register with a GP online?

Jean

• Posted

Can you register  with a GP online.
    • Posted

Hi Jean,

No medication tried ice and some Voltarol cream today but can tell any change

Thanks

• Posted

I will be registering with a GP soon tho
    • Posted

No medical conditions either that im aware of 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.