Tennis Elbow post op complications.

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have suffered with tennis elbow for the past 2 years, I was advised to have a cortisone injection which I did in April 2014, which didn't seem to make any difference it also dispersed the muscle and fat in my elbow which left with just the elbow bone protruding.  The consultant then recommend surgery which I had in October 2014. I am now on week 14 post op, the pain in my elbow isn't quite so bad but I'm having problems with my forearm and stiffness & swelling in my fingers. Has anyone else had this problem???? 

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lesley, any news on your operation.  If so what was it called and how are you getting on.  I have tennis elbow and will be considering surgery.  Thanks
  • Posted

Hello I've had similar to you. Had problems for around 2 years had injections etc then surgery aswel in October 2014. At first I felt like things where improving but I would say the past 6 weeks I've had a lot of problems with lifting objects and even movement at times. My elbow is so sore and burning again, also my wrist feels weakened. I get numbness in the arm and fingers. I had another injection almost 4 weeks ago and I feel this had made the pain worse. My next apt to see the consultant is not until May but I am ringing tomorrow to get in sooner as its affecting my day to day life again like it was before the op.

Have you had anymore luck with your elbow?

• Posted

Hi Leigh well it's been 5 months post op and the pain still continues. The elbow is slightly better though I still have to be very careful with what I do, my main problem now is my upper arm and shoulder as they seem to be taking the stress of the weakness in my elbow. I'm still attending physio every week and regularly come out strapped in tape to try and take some of the strain off the other affected joints. I'm starting to feel that this is as good as it gets and I'm just going to have to live with it😔

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.