TENS Machine for Migraine relief

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone, has anyone used a TENS machine for migraine relief?  I know you can't use it directly on your head, but have heard used on neck and shoulders can give relief, as I am thinking of getting one? Thanks

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi I've been given a Gammacore machine, to use on my neck 3 times a day, for my migraines works on first signs of migraine delayed the migraine for 3 hours then the migraine would come back with a vengance, had to go A&E as my migraines became severe.

thinking to try again with the machine

• Posted

Thanks for your advice. So sorry to hear that, hope you get some relief in future
  • Posted

Yes, I have recently gotten this among other things. I have not had the nerve to set it above 3 and due to my work schedule only use it once a day instead of 3 or 4 times a day. It's been about 3 weeks and I use it on my neck and shoulders, 2 electrodes on each side, for an hour. I have noticed that though my migraines aren't gone, they are different. More dull, less debilitating. I am probably not the best person to answer about this machine since I have not been using it religiously as I am also getting massage therapy and chiropractic adjustments now, but my coworker had less frequent, less severe headaches than I did and said she used it for a month and felt so much better she didn't have to use it any more. I hope this helps. If you get it, just keep in mind that progress comes with time, it's not instant relief but to help fix an ongoing problem.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.