TENS machine post THR op

Posted , 6 users are following.

Does anyone know if using a TENS machine could help with back and hip pain following THR?

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi. I'm 6 months post op now. Yes the tens machine was brilliant to help me fall asleep at night as I suffered discomfort and pain a few weeks/months po. I would recommend it's use especially if you want to reduce the painkillers. Also get rechargeable batteries as they run out quickly I could use the timer with mine and it switched off after 10/20 or 30 minutes. Good luck 😄
  • Posted

100% I've used a similar device for years on different parts of me for different reasons including hip and knee replacements. Helps to sleep too. Xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.