tense jaw

Posted , 6 users are following.

hello does anyone out there clench their teeth or tense up their jaws due to anxiety and dont realize theyre doing it??

2 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

All the time then it gves me a headachecool
    • Posted

do you realize youre doing it? im doing it all the time but i dont realize that i am. when i remember i stop it for a minute then im doing it again without realizing it.
    • Posted

No I dont  know Im doing it its only when my headache starts that I realise Im doing it againcry
    • Posted

i suffer from chronic anxiety ive also got tinnitus in my right ear. and on and off tingling senstation in my ear canal. tense head and face muscles and weird on and off headaches
  • Posted

Oh what a mess can come from this! I have tmj have flare up at times. Get tingly in the face at times too. Horrid weird headaches as well. I use a soft mouth splint. Im coming off a flare up now just had my mouth splint fixed by an oral surgeon and she made a new one as a back up.  It is weird to clench so hard during sleep. Such a strange thing my body developed as comfort. Its driven by stress. The tingling face thing started about a year ago and ten years later. Self inflicted torture and relaxants are said to make it worse during sleep because your body does it as a comforting thing. Very strange. I have tried hyonosis a few times too. I keep trying it. I use arnica gel and rub it on the muscles. Gets the jaw, the ears, face tingles, headaches..horrid headaches. Inpersonally have had enough of stress and what it does. I just want to happy and healthy already. 

• Posted

i suffer from chronic anxiety ive also got tinnitus in my right ear. and on and off tingling senstation in my ear canal. tense head and face muscles and weird on and off headaches
    • Posted

Yes I'm having the same head issues , weird burning head sensations and head pressure that comes and goes throughout the days , brain zaps among other things this aucks , because I have to work through all this madness its super scary
    • Posted

do u have tinnitus? this all started after an ear virus and my anxiety hit the roof about 7 mnths ago. its driving me mad
    • Posted

No I don't think so , I'd have to visit a ear doctor to find out right ?
    • Posted

No tinnitus is a sounds or a bunch of weird sounds you hear them inside. Its horrible. comes with clenching after a while. Inflammes the muscles and they push about inside agaist the eustatioan tubes. Sometimes i can hear and feel it..pulsitile. 
    • Posted

You definetly are getting migranes. Yiu have the headband thing which is tension and i think you get both. I get a lot of headaches myself. Sometimes i think its also weather related though. Lots of rain and cold then warm then cold and eveything blooming doesnt help at all.
    • Posted

Yeah it gets pretty bad and hard to deal with , I wish it would all stop , it so horrible I wish it would go away and leave me alone . I can't function sometime
  • Posted

i have been known to grind my teeth during sleep.  Stress or dreams can also cause this.

rich

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.